HS250h strut replacement questions

JoshInDC

Hi Guys,

It is time to replace all 4 struts on my 2011 Lexus HS250h (~100K miles). I just thought I could pick up a nice aftermarket ready strut for both front and back, such as KYB, and be on with the program. But alas, nothing is available anywhere, other than the dealer.

Is there any other Toyota/Lexus that uses the same part that I can substitute? Any other suggestions/ideas. It appears like the dealership doesn't have an actual strut pre-assembled kit, but I will have to buy parts piecemeal...

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

That's interesting info about not finding aftermarket struts.  I need to replace the struts on my 2003 RX300 with 97k miles. My trusted repair shop tells me he can install aftermarket for $2,000 or Lexus factory for $3,500. Don't know what to think about his quotes, but they both sound really high.  Does $3,500 for Lexus struts sound about right?  I don't want to lose my smooth Lexus ride, but do I want to put $3,500 into a 20 year old car?   I am already living with door lock problems and antenna motor problems.  Any thoughts appreciated!      Am I in the wrong forum here?? 

Lexus Owners Club
This post was recognized by Lexus Owners Club!

RX400h was awarded the badge 'Great Support' and 35 points.

For about $314 + tax and shipping, KYBs struts are available for your Rx300
2003 LEXUS RX300 3.0L V6 Strut | RockAuto

Labor should be about $900 for a total of $1200 or so if you buy the struts.

To get a labor estimate, enter your vehicle and required service information and zip code at:

www.yourmechanic.com 

They break down the parts and labor costs. I don't know which brand of parts they use but if you were to use their service, you can ask that and whether they would allow you to supply the parts.