Preston Antifreeze

Grandpa

Ok, i bought some preston super flusher to flush my system, and a gallon of preston antifreeze 5/150 Extended Life(orange color) I just noticed that that is only enough for the filler hole... how much more do i need for the resevoir tank ? prolly another gallon since your suppose to mix it w/ a gallon of distilled water?

Your owners manual should tell you the coolant capacity & yes you should use a 50/50 mixture with distilled water. If you haven't opened the jug of coolant, you might want to consider a new product on the market at your local Toyota / Lexus dealer. It's a pink stuff called "super long life coolant" NOTE: NOT the red long life stuff.....the new stuff is pink. It's supose to last as long as the Prestone stuff but it's a Toyota prooduct so it should be good for your vehicle.......and probobly not much more expensive......don't forget to check how much you need! B)

:cheers:

total coolant capacity is 11.4qt (2.85 galon), so with 1:1 mixture with dis-stilled water, u would need about 1.4 galon of pure toyota red coolant, two 1-galon bottles that is. the heat core traps about 50% of old coolant, and they must be flushed out for complete change-over job.

Remember the block drains above the motor mounts. Best done with a lift anyway.Think you need a swivel on a socket; search some on this site--did a post right after I did this. hook on a rubber hose anyway to keep the stuff from going 'all over' .

The pink Toyota "super long life" engine coolant is already "pre-mixed" with a 55 - 45% misture of Coolant & distilled water accordingly......so if you choose that stuff, you don't even have to buy any water! Just flush out the old stuff & pour in the new. B)

:cheers: