Does the 2022 RX engine shutoff if vehicle left unattended?

Hi:

My first post here. I am planning to buy either a NX or RX model. However, I am getting conflicting information from different sales people. Few years ago Toyota had announced that starting 2021 they would implement automatic engine shutoff if the vehicle is left unattended. (Press release: https://pressroom.toyota.com/toyota-...hicle-line-up/ ).

Bear in mind this is different than auto stop and start feature when you are at a traffic light. Pl. watch a short 3 min. video (of course it is for a Toyota) to get the idea.

I had to iie when I registered.  IT asked me if I was already an owner!!

TIA for any helpful advice.

Edited by anakin99
clarification

RX400h:  Thanks for the response, but I had link to the same story in my original post.  I have two different salesmen from two different dealerships one says it has and one says it doesn't. 

I figured a real owner of either of the two vehicles might know more.

Hi ya Dave.  I checked Page 178 of my 2020 RX OM.  It states that if ur in park and don't tap the brake, the engine will shut off in one hour.

Price a gas being what it was, I never tested the option.

The 2022 ES300h system does the exact same thing. I still keep a Carbon Monoxide detector running  in the BR.

• Thanks 1

Hi Les....OP here.  Thanks for the info.  Can you tell me what RX model you have.  I down loaded some manual, but the page numbers don't match.  Would you be kind enough to take a picture of that page and attach on your reply?  It would mean lot to me.

Les: I really appreciate you taking the trouble.  As I have mentioned before.  I was getting conflicting information from the sales people as well as some other users on the other forum!

• Like 1