Poorboy Products

:( I bought Poorboy's EX polish w/ carnuba, Sealer w/ carnuba and nasty wax. When through the whole process of washing, claying, washing again, polishing, sealing and finally waxing. The only process that made a big differance was the claying. Claying made the paint feel so much smoother! Polish, sealer and wax did not do much for the look of the paint finish. Kind of disappointed that it did not come out better. I think I'll be switching back to Meguiar's for me.

Can anyone tell me what went wrong? :wacko: Is there a better product that will get better results with a light color? I think they called my color Silver Mist, more of a light green.

Thank you for your comments and suggestions! :cheers:

a good product that i have found that really brings out the color and the metallic flake in the paint is the #7 Meguiar's show car glaze product

it is a little difficult to use as far as buffing off but WOW the results are amazing. good luck

The problem is in the prep. The only "real" prep you did was the claying, no product is going to make the paint look significantly better, the prep you do beforehand will.

i'm not SW :lol: but......

you need to use a paint cleaner after claying ie.........

Meguiar's deep crystal paint cleaner

Meguiar's medallion premium paint cleaner

swirl remover 2.0

Megauir's cleaner wax

Meguiar's DACP (for orbital use)

those are obviosly all Meguair's products, (cause thats what i use and know) but any good paint cleaner will work just fine......just look on the shelves at your local pepboys, autozone ect.......

If you want to stay in the Poorboys line you can order some SSR1, or you can order Iz's line of polishes from us that work well by hand. You need to get the paint looking its best before you wax.

Hi Steve: can these polishes be used with more than one aplication? After using one of these polishes, should the next step be using the polish w/carnuba that I got from Poorboy's?

The one thing that I was not impressed with was the lack of that silky feel. It did not seem to last more than 2 weeks. I used to use a product by the name of "Race Glaze", I believe it's a polish. The silky feel lasted at least a month. I thought going through this process it would last longer. Am I wrong?

Last question, will I need to start all over with the clay then this polish? Or can I just go straight to using the polish?

Thank you "BIG TIME" for all of your help. :cheers:

Oh sure, you can apply them as many times as you wish, swap them all around etc. How many coats of the EX did you lay down? I find it needs at least 2 to look its best. What kind of wash do you use?

:

With any new product you try, there will be a learning curve. With some products, the learning curve will be short because the product meshes with the way you are accustomed to polishing and waxing your car. In general, it is difficult to see a significant finish improvement on white and silver cars (and tints of these colors), especially if the paint is in perfect or near-perfect condition. The reason clay made such a difference is because you were able to feel it, not see it. To see a difference with white and silver you have to address the one aspect of the color your eye can detect: gloss. To improve gloss, you don't need a better wax, you need a better polish. For hand polishing, I love the Einszett (1Z) polishes. They are very easy to apply, and you see the gloss improvements at every level. For protecting white and silver, I like to use a polish/wax combo, because without a glassy finish, you won't see a difference. So, the product I reach for most is Klasse All-In-One. The polish is very fine, and the acrylic sealant makes a finely polished surface look like a mirror.

Thank you for the quick reply, I only put one coat of the polish on. I use Meguiar's Shampoo for washing. I want to get the best possible look on my paint and make it last. If I have to switch products to get it, I am willing to chalk it up to a learning lesson.

One coat of the Poorboys EX sealant? You need at least two. Definately look over what David said above as he's 100% on the money (which is to be expected as he's one of the authorities in the field ;) ). The Natty wax probably is a skippable step on a light color...

If you want to give Poorboys another whirl, try adding two coats of the EX, or maybe try their EX=P. It focuses a little more on gloss than depth which is what you need.

Which Meguiar's shampoo do you use and how much? IMHO a lot of Meg's soaps are pretty harsh, that could explain it too.

Hey Steve, I'm using "Gold Class Car Wash Shampoo & Conditioner." I don't mesure how much I use, might be about 1/4 cup to a gallon of water? :wacko: I did not think that it was possible to use to much soap, guess I'm wrong again. :blushing:

There's your problem, 1/4 cup is way too much.

In my experience the Gold CLass shampoo is very harsh on wax. My cars always lost their slickness after using it. One capful is enough.

I use QEW ( a hoseless wash ) but from other's reccomendations I reccomend 1Z Pearls, it can be found at Lexus Car Care. Its a very gentle wash and has ingredients to restore the slickness.

And no, its already clayed no need to do it again.

Thank you very much Steve, I will place my order through Lexus Car Care.com after I type this out. You have been a world of help. Is there any other way to help support this website other than buying products from Lexus Car Care?