AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

I bought an RX350 a few months ago with 25,000 miles.   It now has 30,000.  I just went on a 1,000 mile 4 day trip.   My average for the entire trip was right at 22.5 mpg.   About 95% was highway and I drove 75 most of the time.  I was hoping to get closer to 24-25.   Any ideas why it was 22.5?   Would driving 70 give me the 24-25?   Some of the time I even drove 78-80 but mostly 75.   

Thanks in advance.   I tried searching and didn't see anything and felt this has to have been asked before.   I also saw that it hits "low fuel" when there  must be 3-4 gallons left.  

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Mo Free
      I have noticed that I can put like $30 worth of premium gas in my car and not even the next day after traveling maybe 15 miles a good portion of my gas is gone. Does anyone know if there may be an unknown problem causing this to happen?
    • By Dan IN
      I've been enjoying my new Lexus ES 350 - my first Lexus - for one week. I am intrigued by S Mode Driving but am finding very little information on it in the owner's manuals or elsewhere. I'm referring to the ability to indicate S1 through S6, not Sport Mode.
      What does S Mode Driving do?
      Why would a driver use it? Is it just for fun or does it have other purposes?
      Does using S Mode impact gas mileage?
      Can I damage my transmission if I use it incorrectly?
      What else do I need to know?
      Please share your knowledge or experiences with me. Or point me in the direction of other resources that can explain this more fully.
      Thanks,
      Dan