#16 bartkat

bartkat

Guru Member

• Super Moderator
  • 4,661 posts
  • Model: 2006 IS350
Contributor

Posted 01 July 2004 - 03:32 PM

Lexus will tell you, and I believe it's in the owner's manual, not to play home made CD's in the player. I've read about cases of CD's getting stuck in the unit and having to take it out and send it back to Lexus to get it fixed. There have also been some warranty problems with the stock CD player, but if your problem is only with your burned CDR's, I'd just quit trying to play them.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 bartkat

bartkat

Guru Member

• Super Moderator
  • 4,661 posts
Contributor

Posted 01 July 2004 - 03:42 PM

There is a TSB on the 2002 IS CD player.

AU001-03 FEB 03 Audio System - CD Changer Jamming

http://www.alldata.c...1/02310815.html

#18 Mktexpress

Mktexpress

New Club Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Model: IS300

Posted 01 July 2004 - 03:44 PM

Thanks. I've been using them ever since I have had he Lexus without any CDs getting stuck. It was just that some CDrs worked without skipping and other didn't. It is actually my older CDRs that work fine. The newer ones I have created do not seem to work as well. I have tried to lower the burn speed to 4X and sometimes that works.

Thanks again for quick reply.

#19 steviej

steviej

Guru Member

• Management Team
  • 5,001 posts
  • Model: 2006 GS300 AWD

Posted 01 July 2004 - 08:30 PM

there was a post recently that explains this problem being connected to how the CDr was "burned". I guess there are two methods that PC programs use to burn the tracks. One method does not cause problems with walkmans, home CD players, PC CD players and Lexus CD players. The other method causes problems when the Lexus CD player tries to read the tracks.

I burn my CDs with Roxio and have had no such problems.
I did have a problem with Memorex Audio CDs, but that was anywhere I played them. I use only Maxell or Sony now.

I will do a search and see if I can't find the thread I speak of.

steviej

#20 steviej

steviej

Guru Member

• Management Team
  • 5,001 posts

Posted 01 July 2004 - 08:40 PM

I found it:

Homemade CDs

steviej

#21 wndrwmnnikki

wndrwmnnikki

New Club Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Model: 2001 IS300 Silver

Posted 13 July 2004 - 08:22 PM

:(

My 6 disk in dash cd changer will allow me to load in all CDs, however once the CD is read an "error1" flashes across the screen of the player. The owner's manual states to make sure the disc was inserted properly. These are not burned CDs, they are the originals. What am I doing wrong???

#22 steviej

steviej

Guru Member

• Management Team
  • 5,001 posts

Posted 13 July 2004 - 10:03 PM

search on this topic. Several other IS owners have had the same problem and posted discussions and solutions.

Click on SEARCH (above), enter CHANGER as the search word, search in IS forum and search on TODAY with "older" selected.

good luck.

Is the car still under warranty, if so, take it to the dealer, you may get a new CD deck.

steviej.

#23 wndrwmnnikki

wndrwmnnikki

New Club Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Model: 2001 IS300 Silver

Posted 14 July 2004 - 07:43 PM

Thanks Steviej.

The car is still under warranty, it is just a matter of driving it to the closest Lexus dealership. If I can't find anything on this forum when I try your search tips, I will just have to get off my duff and go. I miss my tunes.....

#24 Jang_Mi

Jang_Mi

New Club Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Model: 2001 is300

Posted 16 July 2004 - 06:11 AM

If you leave your car in the sun and try to play CDs, the player doesn't work as well.

#25 Zbird78

Zbird78

New Club Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 July 2004 - 08:38 PM

<span style='font-family:Optima'> :( </span>

My 6 disk in dash cd changer will allow me to load in all CDs, however once the CD is read an "error1" flashes across the screen of the player. The owner's manual states to make sure the disc was inserted properly. These are not burned CDs, they are the originals. What am I doing wrong???

I have a 2001 IS, and this past winter, just out of the blue, the changer went all screwy. read errors, and then a fast whirring sound! then it said there were fewer CDs inside than there were. i think one of the CDs came off the spindle or something (I don't know what's going on inside the guts of the changer.

To make a long story short, the car was under warrantee, so I took it to the dealer and they swapped in a new changer (the whole center radio, etc.) and a few weeks later, my cds arrived in an envelope from Lexus through the mail. one of the CDs was scratched, but I guess that's life.

#26 cashmoney

cashmoney

Club Member

• PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 29 August 2004 - 11:29 PM

I HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM...
I JUST CHANGE ONE NEW ALPINE DECK..
CAUSE I'M TIRED OF WATCH ERROR....

#27 dhoosee

dhoosee

New Club Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Model: 2002 SC430 / 2002 IS300

Posted 04 September 2004 - 10:31 AM

I've been thru 4 changers on my 2002 IS300 as well, and i bleieve that i just lost #5 the other day! I am getting an "Error3" message, though. It will no longer play discs, eject discs, or accept new discs (I have one slot available out of the 6). Was getting "Error1" message on other units, but never 3. my car just went out of warranty, and Lexus replaced this unit JUST before my warranty expired (50,000 miles). i do not abuse the unit at all, but i do use it a lot. Lexus has been great about replacing the units while under warranty, but now that the warranty is up, God knows how much it's gonna cost to repair/replace this one.

Anyone have any idea what an "Error3" message means? Has anyone installed an aftermarket stereo head in place of the factory unit? Crutchfield doesnt have anything that they recommend directly for the IS....

#28 peyton_gleaton

peyton_gleaton

New Club Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Model: IS 300

Posted 12 September 2004 - 03:23 PM

I was wondering if anyone had any problems with their cd changer kind of jamming. I hit the load button for the changer and try to load a cd but the changer won't accept it. It almost seems like there's something in the way, but I don't have any cd's in the changer.

Any ideas?

I saw on is300.net that the lexus audio systems can be a little sketchy. I bought my IS300 used a few weeks ago and it's not under warranty so I'd love to hear that there's a quick fix to this problem.

thanks!
chris

Did you solve this problem? I have the exact same problem. I try to put in a cd but it seems like there's something right at the opening thats blocking it from going in.

I'm going to try to open it up and see what happened.

bj

i have a 2001 is300, and I'm talking about the 6 disk in-dash player.

[B] I just bought a 2001 IS 300 and found out the 6-disc in-dash cd player didn't work. *BLEEP*ed, my brother and I opened the unit up and found that it had 7 cd's in it. We were able to take the cd's out and reinstall the player which now works.

If you press the load button and can hear the motor turning but never get a "load disc" message, you have a jammed disc. If you can find someone who knows a little about cd players, simply remove the cd player and remove the cd's carefully. Usually it only takes removing one that looks out of place. I think the unit has a hard time recognizing CD-R's so if you can, stay away from putting burned cd's into the unit. Good luck!

Peyton

#29 dapel

dapel

New Club Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Model: 2000 Acura Integra GSR

Posted 24 February 2005 - 12:53 PM

Hey guys, the CD player in my 01 IS just started acting up today. It won't eject out any CDs at all and it's bugging me. I searched and found out a lot of IS owners have the ERROR1 message. The CDs in my player are regular CDs, not CD-Rs, nor do any of them have labels on them. The display gives shows an ERROR3 message which according to the owner's manual means that there is something wrong with the player. Has anyone else experienced this ERROR3 problem and fixed it on their own? I'm tempted to take apart the thing and see if I can remove the CDs manually. Thanks.

-Dan

#30 bartkat

bartkat

Guru Member

• Super Moderator
  • 4,661 posts
Contributor

Posted 27 February 2005 - 05:12 AM

Hey guys, the CD player in my 01 IS just started acting up today.  It won't eject out any CDs at all and it's bugging me.  I searched and found out a lot of IS owners have the ERROR1 message.  The CDs in my player are regular CDs, not CD-Rs, nor do any of them have labels on them.  The display gives shows an ERROR3 message which according to the owner's manual means that there is something wrong with the player.  Has anyone else experienced this ERROR3 problem and fixed it on their own?  I'm tempted to take apart the thing and see if I can remove the CDs manually.  Thanks.

-Dan

It's a fairly common problem on O1 models. The dealer will usually fix it or swap it out. There's a TSB AU001-03 FEB 03 Audio System - CD Changer Jamming .

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have