Xm Radio For $77 For One Year!

wildta

Just passing along the savings!

I called XM @ 1-800-347-0600. Told the person that I wanted the $77/year promotion I "saw" on-line. They gave it to me with no problems! They didnt ask me for a promotional code. Also, if your car was never set up for the 3 month free trial, then ask for that to begin before your 1 yr promo offer (so 15 months for $77!).

If you're really lucky you can inquire about the $12.95 credit for having a credit card on file, they gave that to me too!

One slight warning: When my 1 year is up, they will begin billing me @ $38 per quarter unless I call them back to specify otherwise.

Happy listening!

DO NOT SIGN UP FOR XM. Period.

I have had a hell of a time trying to cancel. When you call them, they transfer you to the "cancellation" department and immediately hang up on you. Even contacting the Better Business Bureau didn't get my account canceled. Luckily my credit card is expired so they won't be able to bill me.

Stay away from XM! And haven't you heard? XM/Sirius is bankrupt!

Given the financial situation that Sirius/XM is in, I think it would be prudent for any subscriber to pay monthly. The company has a substantial amount of debt that is due for repayment this month. If this payment is not made or deferred in some way, they are a good candidate for bankruptcy. I would suspect that any advance payment made to them would be lost in a bankruptcy filing.

That being said, I suspect that they will continue in business. With a customer base in the area of 20,000,000, they seem to be a viable operation if the massive debt problems are solved. It appears that Charlie Ergan with Echo Star is buying up a lot of their debt. He seems to feel that there is value to the company.

We will probably know what is going to happen this month.

I've had Sirius for 7 years, love it. Only place I can get left wing radio and the Patriots.

But the funny thing is that I paid for a one year subscription of $142 in 2002, and have never paid another dime, and it still works. I don't feel guilty, as I am retired and don't travel on road trips a lot anymore-where you use it the most. But it does make me wonder about their business model-how many other people are getting the same free service? I did read that even if they go BK, they'll more than likely stay in business. A one year subscription sounds like a good idea, however....

I've had Sirius for 7 years, love it. Only place I can get left wing radio and the Patriots.

But the funny thing is that I paid for a one year subscription of $142 in 2002, and have never paid another dime, and it still works. I don't feel guilty, as I am retired and don't travel on road trips a lot anymore-where you use it the most. But it does make me wonder about their business model-how many other people are getting the same free service? I did read that even if they go BK, they'll more than likely stay in business. A one year subscription sounds like a good idea, however....

I'm sure everyone would love it if they were only paying an average of $20 a year for it. But at almost $15 a month, it's a pretty crappy service. The music channels are lacking, and at least on XM, there are still lots and lots of commercials, which is unfortunate.