Picking Up New Car Today

denslexusgx470

Toyota 4Runner! can't wait. I still have a little color choice dilemna, but we'll see how it'll go. Thanks for everyone's input. If i get silver (instead of the white i mentioned in my sig) then it would be this one (picture of it before pre-delivery inspection):

DSC00922.jpg

well i take that back. The whole family wanted white, so here it is!

DSC00938.jpg

4Runner:"Hello big cousin"

GX470: "Hello little boy. Welcome to the family!"

2DSC00946.jpg

DSC00940.jpg

All together now.

DSC00944.jpg

This was a dealer swap, so that explains the 192 miles.

DSC00949.jpg

yes DEFINITELY we got the payments we wanted. there was like a "crazy Larry" sale that dropped the payments significantly. i only found out of the sale on friday when my only intention that day was to look at their inventory to see if they got any fresh units off the truck. they didnt though. i was "forced" to get it this weekend becuz of their "weekend only" price. sometimes i dont believe in it but i just didnt want to risk the payments. :P

I got a quick question guys. Now the 4Runner came with an aux input hole, but how do i plug an mp3 player into it? I'll be more specific, i'll be plugging in probably my PSP (don't own an Ipod). So do i need to buy a single ended cord on both sides, and plug it into my aux input in the 4Runner, and plug the other end into the headphone jack of the PSP?? Please help. Although i havent gone through the manual yet, but I really want to plug my PSP in. :P :P :P

So do i need to buy a single ended cord on both sides, and plug it into my aux input in the 4Runner, and plug the other end into the headphone jack of the PSP??
That should do it. You can find those cords at Wal Mart for like $5. Congrats on that beautiful truck! :cheers: I've ridden in my neighbors 4Runner (LTD with V8....vroom, vroom!!) a few times, so I know how nice they are! B)

So do i need to buy a single ended cord on both sides, and plug it into my aux input in the 4Runner, and plug the other end into the headphone jack of the PSP??
That should do it. You can find those cords at Wal Mart for like $5. Congrats on that beautiful truck! :cheers: I've ridden in my neighbors 4Runner (LTD with V8....vroom, vroom!!) a few times, so I know how nice they are! B)

Oh thanks. Yea this thing rides pretty well. It's not as soft riding as the GX, but for a vehicle that's about $20k less, it's good enough. It shares a whole ton of similar characteristics with each other, so no need to figure out anything new. I almost cried when i heard a rattle in the glove box yesterday. It was so loud, i didn't know if i should show it to the dealer or just live with it. If i have the dealer fix it, they will fix it but cause another problem. Well it turned out that there was a little compartment, inside the glove box, that the cover can close or open. i guess while it was open, it wasn't latched down properly so it was rattling. :whistles: Boy i would have cried if it was something in the dash :P

Congrats! B) Sharp looking ride dens. :D

:cheers:

Thanks Lexusfreak. I just finished cutting out carpet runners for the flooring because i don't want the floor mats to get dirty. I personally cut them myself to fit. Then on top of that, i got some generic all weather floor mats on top of that. Then I also cleaned the 4Runner today, and waxed it up, because I felt that the wax was kinda thin. It feels so weird cleaning a car that's really new. I wonder how long I can keep the engine clean? I just couldn't help just looking at my clean engine. It will easily get dirty if you live in an area like mine, where there's a lot of agriculture land and those tractors are making dust fly all over the place. <_<

:)

wow. idiots out in this world will never give you a break in giving scratches on cars. today, my dad took the 4runner to the office, and come home, there's a simple scratch, on top of my rear bumper. wtf?? can't they even give me a break, at least let me enjoy it for like a month or so??? geez. :censored: These idiots really get on my nerves. They must know i'm meticulous with cars, cuz they gave my GX two scratches before (on the same day). Bad part was, after the first scratch, my dad parked in another slot, and got another one on the second slot. same area too!!!!!! :angry:

wow. idiots out in this world will never give you a break in giving scratches on cars. today, my dad took the 4runner to the office, and come home, there's a simple scratch, on top of my rear bumper. wtf?? can't they even give me a break, at least let me enjoy it for like a month or so??? geez. :censored: These idiots really get on my nerves. They must know i'm meticulous with cars, cuz they gave my GX two scratches before (on the same day). Bad part was, after the first scratch, my dad parked in another slot, and got another one on the second slot. same area too!!!!!! :angry:

I hear ya bud......I can't even be bothered to get angry anymore at stuff like that (although I am well aware how infuriating it is) & I feel for you. :(

I hear ya bud......I can't even be bothered to get angry anymore at stuff like that (although I am well aware how infuriating it is) & I feel for you. :(

Well my only compensation (forgot to say) is that I used wax to get rid of it. Once i saw it, tried to rub it down with my finger, wouldn't work, went to go quickly get my wax and the foam applicator, and just squirted a big amount of wax on top of the small scratch. luckily it came off. ;)

Boy i think i'm really gonna like this car more than i thought. I have been doing the break in rules, and looks like the mpg is doing good. first fill-up, BAD. 10 mpg. then second one, 17.6?? third one, 20.6????? :wacko::wacko::wacko:

This is all done by hand and calculator, so no one will say "Computer is always wrong" but these figures don't seem right on a SUV that's only about 400 miles old. There's gotta be something wrong with my calculator?!?!?! lol :whistles: :wacko: :o :lol::cheers:

• 3 weeks later...

Well to everyone's standards, I did my very first mod! :whistles: Usually, i do the cheap stuff (like tint, chrome tip, anything that doesn't require removing original things from the vehicle) and I did my first mod on the 4Runner. It's actually, not even after market parts. I wanted a Homelink on the 4Runner, but couldn't get one. So i went to t4r.org and found a thread about it, and ordered one. First time, they gave me a homelink console that had a broken clip. So i had to wait another 2 days for a new one to come in. So that would explain the date difference in the pictures. ;)

DSC00999.jpg

DSC01001.jpg

DSC01002.jpg

DSC01012.jpg

• 1 month later...

I'm happy with my new mod again. This (I promised myself) is my last mod on this 4Runner! Had the dealer install it this time cuz i didnt want to mess with removing the wires in the j/b and whatever else needs to be disconnected. It's daytime running lights (which some people dislike for some reason) but i like them. SAfety and also looks like the car's loaded with options when it has running lights. :D :cheers:

DSC01077.jpg

DSC01080.jpg

NICE! i love daytime running lights too...for some reason, some people say its the lamest invention i ncars since....well just ever. Its good when you enter a garage and your headlights need time to turn on.

btw, just curious, shouldnt you have a license plate by now? :) and is that a sienna i see parked next to your 4Runner?

NICE! i love daytime running lights too...for some reason, some people say its the lamest invention i ncars since....well just ever. Its good when you enter a garage and your headlights need time to turn on.

btw, just curious, shouldnt you have a license plate by now? :)

uhh yea. :whistles: But remember, it's only front pictures. Maybe there are plates in the back..... :whistles: . I'll be putting them on soon. I'm still in the middle of a decision if i should get personalized ones. the random plates CA gives is kinda old (the line of 5 is ending and i got a 5V) and I really hoped for 6A but that's quite a ways off. But I've seen a lot worse than me. I know there's a GX in town, a black one, and he's got an 04 (i remember when he got it because he parks the car in the same spot everyday) and until today, 2006, he still doesnt have them on. The "Fresno Lexus" plastic is already faded and obvious.

There's a Prius just down my street and I know she didn't put her plates on right away because she still had the old "Bingham Toyota" plastics, and when she put it on (after I got my 4R) they were sooo old. 5M!!! :wacko: :)

actually that Sienna is driving down the main street. :)

lol i know what your saying. Ive have to "accidentally drop" one of my plates on the street to get a better number. But since i have mostly SUVs i get the yellow zone parking permit and my on rx300 got one with 6A and currently on my Rx330 i have a 7G

no! im talking about the one in your garage...not the first pic! lol!

lol i know what your saying. Ive have to "accidentally drop" one of my plates on the street to get a better number. But since i have mostly SUVs i get the yellow zone parking permit and my on rx300 got one with 6A and currently on my Rx330 i have a 7G

no! im talking about the one in your garage...not the first pic! lol!

So your RX got registered as a "truck"?? :huh:

Oh that one. That's the old odyssey my dad used to drive. Well he still does because it's good on gas when it comes to showing properties for his job. :)

wow the windows look really similar to my sienna...anywhoo

yes it was registered as a truck...same with my sienna. you have to pay a little more but its more convenient to be able to park in yellow zones

I did not know that. I thought that vehicles that were registered as a "truck" but are on cars and vans, were accidentally given those plates. Learned something new. Yes, looking at the picture even more, it does look similar to a Sienna. B) :lol:

• 4 months later...

Looks like I got myself an extra Christmas present. I took the Runner in for an oil change and rotation on Friday, and they returned the car with a big scratch on one of my rims. It looks like the guy removing the rim wasn't paying attention or something and was doing the "trial and error" kind of job when he inserted his drill to remove the bolt. So there are a few dents from that on the same area of only ONE rim. Told the service guy and after checking it out he went inside to talk to his manager. I was wishing he would at least pay to re-touch it or something. I thought it was going to be another "fresno Leuxs" fight where they would defend themselves quickly and say that it's not their fault. To my luck, he comes out and tells me that he's going to get the tire size of the 4Runner. Then on he explained that they will replace the rim for free but it will take about 2 weeks before it comes in and I have to leave the car in the dealership for a day as they have to remove the scratched rim and take that and the new one to a tire shop where they can swap out the tire to the new rim. Talk about service and Christmas at the same time! Sometimes it's not even the kind of car they service (Lexus, BMW, Benz, etc.) but the PR of the dealership. Definitely a 5 star rating from me and I gave my service guy a Pie and CD as a gift for Christmas :)

• 5 months later...

Ok well yesterday I met up with one of the guys at t4r.org, and we took some shots of both our 4Runner together. I think they look great, too clean in my opinion. lol

DSC01536.jpg

DSC01530.jpg

DSC01531.jpg

DSC01526.jpg

DSC01527.jpg

DSC01556.jpg