Toyota Is Trying To Screw Me Over!

Ok i told yall about how they changed the timing belt, and blew up my engine. The replaced it with a used engine Now this last week my car has been stalling when i try to accelerate, SO i make an appointment for yesterday 5/15/06. On my way there my engine light comes on and i can drive only 60 mph. I get the car there they give me a loner and i leave. I call them at afternoon and the service manager gets on the phone. He tells me that i need new coils and plugs and that it is leaving a carbon trail, WTF! HE says they cleaned it off but i will have to replace that stuff at a cost of $650. HE says the car is fine now but he doesnt know how long it will last. I pick up the car that evening before they closed and 10 minutes after i leave it starts doing it again and it also shakes and shivers when i am at a stop. I have called coporate customer service for toyota and they transferred me to lexus customer service. They are now looking into my case. They have until 2pm to come to a decision then i am contacing a lawyer, the news station, better business bureau or whoever!

did you get the general manager involved?

if not do so NOW ...

i had the same problem ... read my thread ... man i stirred a sh*t storm ... everytime i drove into the dealership ... the GM and the Director of the service department were outside to greet me ...

I don't want to be nasty but, I learned a lesson from your trouble. A Lexus dealer will be changing my timing belt. I was going to do it in my own shop, but I think I'll leave it to those who have the experience. Unfortunately, this is a classic example of trying to save a buck only to spend five. It happens to all of us from time to time.

If it were me, I would have taken it to the Lexus dealer after the initial damage, got a proper estimate, and then visited my lawyer. It would be hard to trust the dealership that couldn't do a timing belt to put a motor in.

i called toyota coporate customer service and they transferred me to lexus. Lexus's customer sevice manager called me back and said that lexus doesnt want to take on toyota's problems and transferred me back to toyota. Toyota then gave me a case number and told me that i need to contact Tom Hollis at toyota again. I also check the carfax report on the engine that they gave me, They lied and said it had 18000 miles but the carfax says it has 21,111 miles on it. I have sent a complaint to the better business buearu, and the Florida dept of agriculture and consumer services. They said it would take 3-4 days for it to get into there system. I cant go that long without a car, So will have my personal mechanic do the repair, and he will also check to see if there is anymore Negligence on toyota's part. He used to work for toyota and he has done all of my previous work. I am then going to contact a lawyer to see if i have a case and wait for the bbb and fla dept to contact me. Im not taking it back to toyota cause they might *BLEEP* something else up and try to makre me pay for it.

I would be sure that your mechanic documents every little thing he touches so they can't say "that was fine until HE worked on it . . . " You can't be too anal, that's for sure. He could even take pics of what he does.

Just $.02, that's all.

Hope it works out. What a pain.

Send a detailed description (dates, times, details, dotpoints) to your Attorney General, can copy Toyota (corporate and local) on it; also a copy to your representative. Not as many people do this as you think, I bet you get a response; shake the tree, man. Just make it professional.

Well got my car fixed, My mechanic fixed it yesterday and said my coils were fine, the connectors to the coils were corroded. So he replaced them and also replacedall of my spark plugs with platinum ones, and changed the oil, reset the cpu and throttle body for 360 bucks. Alot cheaper than the 650 toyota was charging. Toyota told me i needed my coils changed cause they were old . That was a lie, they also said they took the old ones off of my engine and put them on the new one, that was a lie. My mechanic said they never even looked at it nor did theytake anything from my old engine. I think they were trying to recoup some of the money they spent buying my engine and installing it. Damn I want to go back and kick somebodies a$$. Stay away from toyota!

I don't want to be nasty but, I learned a lesson from your trouble. A Lexus dealer will be changing my timing belt.

ABSOLUTELY.

When I first got my LS400 about 2 years ago I took it to a Toyota dealership for service. They called me back saying that my spark plug wires needed to be replaced and I told them to ago ahead and replace them. The following day, I was waiting at a red light when suddenly the check-engine light started flashing and the car had very weak acceleration. So, I went to an independent mechanic who read the fault code and then removed the passenger-side valve cover and showed me that one of the screws that hold the cover was screwed right into one of the spark plug wires. The mechanic gave a write-up of the problem, and I went back to the Toyota dealership who replaced all the wires again. So… yes it’s not a very good idea to have your Lexus worked on by a Toyota dealership despite the fact that it was made by Toyota.