98 Gs400 17's On 92 Sc

OK this is REALLY beating a dead horse but....

Does anybody know what the STOCK offsets are for the GS400. I searched both forums and came up with every peice of info except the one I need.

I really like the chrome five spoke wheels that came on the 98 - 2000 GS400's

I just need to know it they are compatible with the SC's +50mm offset. :blink:

Does anybody know what the STOCK offsets are for the GS400. I searched both forums and came up with every peice of info except the one I need.

I just need to know it they are compatible with the SC's +50mm offset.  :blink:

yes they are with no modifications. i have them on my car as you can see. don't buy the bridgestone tires because they ride awful compared to my pirelli p6000 or p7000 supersports that are way less expensive also.

Yeah...I LOVE :wub: the way they look on the SC.

As for tires I'd prob. go with some Falken ZE-512's or some Pilot Sport A/S's

One item of concern though: been reading on the GS forum and there seems to be some confusion about if the 98+ GS400 Chrome 17"s are factory chromed or sent out by the dealer. I've seen a few threads of leaking rims due to the chrome peeling.

And man are they exspensive, havent looked real hard but $900 for a set of four seems to be the going rate. Maybe I should sell my 17" chromies that I have now. :D

• 1 month later...

I just need to know it they are compatible with the SC's +50mm offset.  :blink:

yes they are with no modifications. i have them on my car as you can see. don't buy the bridgestone tires because they ride awful compared to my pirelli p6000 or p7000 supersports that are way less expensive also.

What size tires did you put on the rims?...I wanted to put 235/50's on mine but tire rack says I should use 225/50's to more closely match the diameter of the original 225/55/16's wheels... <_<

try a 245/45R17.....thats acctually closest to the over all size of the 225/55R16 that came on the car.

The reason I know this is I work for National Tire and Battery, so I was playing in the warehouse...took a few different sizes and stacked them up next to each other. 245/45R17 Wins!!!!

Plus the 8 inch wide rim will take a 245 well.