Rx400h

One of our UK members went to a major UK car show, courtesy of his local Lexus dealer, and filed this report, with first hand pics.

Thought I would share with you ;)

From JohnRX300 in the UK

HUGE thanks to Ian and Simon for taking a few of us from Edinburgh Lexus to the Motor show yesterday in Birmingham.

We met at the dealership at 6:45 then off in convoy to Edin Airport for the flight down to Birmingham. Breccy provided (first freeby!) and after a double espresso turned from :sleeping: to :D

Next stop NEC and straight to the Lexus stand. More morning coffee upstairs in the VIP area (think that was for very impulsive purchaser :winky: ) then the official tour of the RX400h.

Guess the only visible things to look at were the cosmetic changes.....

New nose, which is a requirement due to the increased cooling requirements of the hybrid power train.............

PICT0003_Large.sized.jpg

PICT0004_Large.sized.jpg

New wheels - pre production, yet to be confirmed.........

PICT0005_Large.sized.jpg

New badge - well obviously!............

PICT0077_Large.sized.jpg

Back side...........

PICT0076_Large.sized.jpg

Subtle changes inside are more buttons on the steering wheel to activate the Bluetooth integrated phone kit and no Wood, replaced with aluminium. Mixed reactions about the lack of wood. My wife being the most gutted (she loves her wood steering wheel) to reactions of 'mmm the aluminium is fine for me' make your own mind up on this one.

Oh and a concept car, pics say it all, quite nice I thought, i'll let you decide.

PICT0002_Large.sized.jpg

In summary a great day out, good company, well looked after by Lexus Edinburgh and plenty of time to come to the conclusion that the XC90, Disco, Shogun, etc etc etc don't have a look in.

The RX is still the best looking/performing/costing SUV out bar none.

Lexus Edinburgh taking the lead again in first class customer service - well done gents and many thanks again!

The dealership told me that I would be notified as soon as the brochures are available. I will post the info at the time (if no one else has). :cheers: