Air Filter

acf

How often should it be replaced? Would a new one make a big difference in gas mileage/performance if it hasn't been replaced in 40k miles or so? Will I get my money's worth picking one up at AutoZone and the like? Thanks.

A paper air filter should be replaced according to the owners manual service intervals. Have you tried or considered a K & N air filter? The can be cleaned & reused with better air flow than a paper filter.

:cheers:

the drop in air charger are as simple as pull out the old and drop in the new.

Somewhere between 25 and 50,000 miles take it out and wash it with the special soap and reoil it according to directions with the special oil. Alot of newer vehicles caution against the use of these filters because of the oil possibily getting on sensors. This may be if the filter is over oiled. I have an 02 with no such warning and have had no problem.

CAI and other applications from K&N are more involved.

Stock paper/fiber filters are most efficient if changed every 15,000 miles or once per year. (most automakers use this interval.)

steviej

• 3 weeks later...