Driver's Window Mechanism

1992 SC400, the driver's window won't go up and down.

I have the door panel off. The motor and controller work. I can feel the cord/cable move, but the window is no longer attached to the mechanism. There were a few bits of white plastic in the bottom of the door. I have the exploded view of the door from another post.

How much of the door/window/molding/etc do I have to remove to get to the culprit? I believe it to be the attachment of the window to the rear glass guide, but I'm not certain what all to remove (and it what order) to verify this. Any recommendations? Does the glass need to come out? Do I need any special tools for that? Thanks for any recommendations you can provide.

John

I've never been that far into the door my friend. I would imagine that it is not too difficult if you take your time. there is a linkage associated with the drive mechanism. You need to locate the failure on that linkage and either get the replacement parts or devise some sort of method to repair it.

Best of luck to you.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi.... Im having the same problem on my '95 SC300.... Found some plastic pieces inside the bottom of my door. The window will slide down by itself, bu the window motor works just find....

Wondering what you ended up doing... Any suggestions? I have the repair manual from http://techinfo.toyota.com bu they dont cover this.