Rusty Rotors And Corroded Calipers.

Hello all,

Just purchased a very nice 01 IS. The only thing that needs some work IMO is the corroded calipers and rusty rotors. I would imagine using a flat silver spray paint would be the way, after some prep, but I thought I would see if anyone had any other suggestions.

Thanks

paint them using specific brake caliper paint. You must use a high temp paint or it will melt right off.

There are sprays and brush applications on the market. I used the brush on kit (G2) that you can get from www.tirerack.com. It takes 24 hours to set up hard, but it is totally worth the wait.

I got before and after pics if you want to see them.

steviej

~One man’s opinion / observations ~

The G2 Calliper paint is a great system, you won’t be disappointed-

Callipers:

A way to spice up the look and at the same time protect the callipers from corrosion. The Calliper Paint System (G2 Manufacturing Inc. Colorado Springs) it features aircraft quality paint, available in six different high gloss colours, Red, Yellow, Blue, Silver, Black, & Purple. The paint is heat resistant up to 925oF; this paint won't start running into your brake pads, it also seals and protects against corrosion.

Brake dust and dirt will not adhere to the calliper surface since adding the paint. The kit includes everything you'll need to get the job done, besides paint you'll also get reactor (special bonding agent), high tech calliper cleaner, mixing sticks, and a brush. Do not attempt to paint the rotor contact surface

~Hope this helps~

Experience unshared; is knowledge wasted…/ Jon

justadumbarchitect *so I question everything*