Hello all,

As you can tell, I'm new to this forum. Even though I currently don't own a lexus, I've been "gunnin' " for the GS 400/430 Since I first saw it. Does anyone have a really good resource for a 1998-2000 GS 400 that I could buy. I live in Chicago and I am looking particularly through dealers because I'll need financing. Thanks in advance for any response. (decent one). B)

try to arrange your financing first. you have more ease on the purchase that way. such as get qualified for 20k and have a preapproved check with you when you buy. you can find a gs with around 50k miles for 20 grand.

also consider going thru a wholesaler. dealers charge top dollar. look at autotrader.com or ebay.

i recently got my gs300 thru autotrader from a wholsaler and got a swinging deal!

(98 gs 300, 51k miles, showroom clean, full history for 17,000)

I live in Schaumburg and found a GS300 on cars.com.

BUT, I looked for about 5 months and almost bought one in FL. I found one in Westchester (IL) and it's been trouble-free for 16 months.

The worst thing you can do is be in a hurry. Do the homework and you will be very satisfied. It's worth it.

:rolleyes:

Yeah you are right, I test drove a '98 Black GS 300 a few weeks ago and...........need I say more? I started gunnin' for it even more. I'll slow down and do my due dilligence. I'll start by checking out Cars.com . Right now I check the weekly editions of Autofocus and the Cars book that comes out every Friday. What do you think of those two? I have a friend that found his '96 BMW 740IL in the Auto focus.

I hope I'm making sense in my question, comment or whatever it is I'm trying to convey, I'ts after 10:00 and I just got out of rehersal. Thanks for your responses,

~8TH NOTE B)