1992 Sc300 Brake Bummer

Looking for some expertise on SC300 Brakes!

I just finished replacing the rotors and pads on my 1992 SC300. Took it out for a little test drive and noticed that the front left wheel was really hot. I noticed earlier that the caliper mounting bracket has pneumatic bolt housings with rubber boots on them. One of them didn't move in and out (guess it was siezed). I didn't think anything of it, but now I'm pretty sure that's the problem. I figure the caliper can't disengage because the housing isn't pushing it back out or at least allowing it to apply even pressure. Question is....has anyone had any experience with this or had to replace it? Autozone and Kragen don't carry the part and can't get it. No luck with irontoad or any of the other online suppliers. I don't know the Lexus part number. I guess it's dealer time??? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I've attached a pic of the part I'm talking about.

Thanks

Slappy

post-3-1085372698.jpg

Let me see if im understanding it right. You have new pads and rotors, but how did it drive before? DId you notice any pulling before the swap? So with the new pads and rotors the caliper was pretty hard to get on? It may just have seized up a while ago and you might not have noticed with the old rotors and pads. That caliper is pretty common so any brake shop should be able to do a rebuild on it if its really necessary.

I have two front calipers for the stock SC3 brakes with lines and all with 65,000 on them. They worked just fine when I took them off. But the passenger side one needs a piston put back in it. I've got all the parts. Make and offer if you need them. They are heavy though - shipping would be tall. But we can do cheaper than dealer. Otherwise, you can try and take it apart and see where it's binding and turn the shaft down or something.

Looks like a simple problem if it’s just the retainer bolt. You should be able to just pull the bolt out and grease it with grease made for brakes which will with stand the high temperature. Before applying the grease, make sure the dried dirt is whipped clean from both inside and out. With bolts removed the rubber seal can easily be removed for cleaning. Disc brakes don’t have spring action so when the pressure is released the piston will be relieved causing the pad to just sit on the rotor with little to no contact to the rotor. Jeep folks do this all the time after off roading to prevent permanent damage to the brakes.