Rx 300 Hard Starting

walker2

My '99 RX 300 decided not to idle without goine dead. It will start about 50% of the time and and idle very rough until you give it gas and then it dies. If you start it and rev it right away it will continue to run.

battery and alt. seem to be ok by doing the old trick of removing the + cable.

Anyone have any ideas?

I wouldn't remove the negative cable when your car is running, it could damange your Ecu. I would check the battery, I needs 12.6v to start up and also get your alternator tested.

JPI

• 1 year later...

don't beat to beat a dead horse..i did search for IACV and found some great pictures..however, i couldn't find any step by step instructions on how to clean the IACV...i wouldn't consider myself a newbie, but not an expert either - i change my own oil, and engine/cabin filters, drain/fills..but cleanin the IACV will be a first for me..any help with the 2001 Rx300 model would be greatly appreciated....if you can't provide any step by step directions..any insight into how much it would cost to clean the IACV would be appreciated also! thanks a bunch!