Fuel Pump Replacement

Red_F18

My 91 has been resting in front of my house for the last 5-6 weeks with what seems to be a bad fuel pump. At first the car would not idle properly (ranging up and down from 500-1200 rpm) and just stop running after 30 seconds. Today it would not start at all. The starter/motor turns over just fine. As I look more into the problem, I may be wise to get ready to replace the fuel pump (at 185K miles, it may be time). Any thoughts?

Gary

Just curious. I don't recall ever seeing a post on a fuel pump failure on a Lexus. I've seen clogged filters, but never the pump itself.

Anyone ever had one fail? and if so, at what milage? Dealer costs?

Thanks

Denny

I haven't come accross one on the forum in a long time. I had mine replaced. New York State Service guys charged me just under $1000 for it since it involved moving so many parts (Before DIYer days).

There are two kind of pump for the Ls400. Asian pump and Denso, I've seen a couple pump fail. Please test the unit first before replacing the pump. Good luck.

JPI