I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue:

I recently purchased a 2021 RX350. There's absolutely no problems and the car has not been in any accidents, big or small. However, there is an absurd amount of wind noise starting at 30mph and just gets worse. I have experienced this both on the driver and passenger side doors. I took it to the local Lexus dealership and had them look at it, but after 8 hours they told me that it is from the front of the vehicle and it is a known issue. At the same time, my driver side mirror shakes during high speeds - again, they told me that it is a known issue on the 21' models, and there's no fix for it. My friend has a 2020 RX350 and there's absolutely no issues with it at all. 

Here is a further issue:

- The Lexus dealership said it is a known issue, and they verified it by driving the car and installing microphones to detect the wind noise
- On the Lexus app it shows us the recent trips, but there was no recent trips
- I picked up the car with 1 more mile driven than I dropped the car off at initially
- This leads me to the suspicion that no one test drove the car, and it is entirely made up - including that this is a known issue on the 21' models. 

Does anyone have any insights on this?

Until others reply, I'd like to ask if there were other 2021 RX350s on the lot that you could've driven to compare. Another option would be to take it to a different dealership.

Hi Dave! It's rare to find a 21 on the lot, in my experience because it's can't be a lease and folks just don't trade that quick. The 21 and 20 RX are dang near identical and I have no such problems with noise at 70 MPH Interstate, understanding that "NOISE" is always subjective.  

Might ask the dealer to show you the tech bulletin, Sain.  Otherwise, if the windshield has been replaced, they might not have used the low wind noise OEM glass. Check the part number.  Too early to have gasket/seal problems, unless it was a poor repair job or something.

Interesting Note:  I left my El Cheap dash cam plugged in when I took my T Cam in for scheduled service.  When I got it back, I was shocked at what I found recorded.

They drove the vehicle from one shop to another with the hood up going from oil to tire rotation. Crazy!  The mechanic talked about being drunk the nite before, and on and on.

Point being, you can lear an awful lot about how your ride is treated by leaving the Cam on, ha ha...

Good thoughts, Les! I do find it hard to believe the dealership that said wind noise is a "known issue".  Lexus would never release a vehicle like that. But a different dealership may say otherwise and spend some time to determine the cause of the leak.

I once rented an Audi via Turo in which the owner had installed a video camera. I would've felt uncomfortable driving with my wife and having our conversations recorded so I taped over the microphone. Of all the vehicles I have rented, that was only one with the video cam. Thankfully, the 204 MPH-capable McLaren did not. 😏

So the first thing is that I did drive another 21' and there's no issues in that at all. 

Also, the first thing that the service rep did was check all the windows and windshields. All are Lexus originals and have the sticker of the dealership placed before the tints were applied.

Honestly, it's because it's supposed to be a warranty issue and they have to fix it for free so they don't want to do it

Thanks, Dave! Not to worry, Sain.  The way it works from my own experience:  you contact the dealer and request that the District Manager take your case.  He makes his rounds to your dealer bi-monthly or there about.  He has to look at your problem and rule on it. Lemon Law applies to used cars under OM Warrantee. IF he can't fix it after so many attempt, he and you mutually decide on what happens next. No reason to fight over the outcome. If you can't agree on the decision made. You ask for mandatory arbitration as called out in your sales contract. Lexus should set up the arbitration for you, as I recall with Toyota.  Arbitration did not cost me anything but that's been many years ago.  Arbitration board will decide on who is in the right and who is not.

I'm am NOT advising you to use the Lemon Law or to take any specific coarse of action.  I'm just telling you that your sales contract will give you all the information you should need to solve your problem.  I won my case, by the way. They took the car back and back payed all my car payments. Great people!!!

• 1 year later...

I need some advice on this topic as well, please feel free to chime in.

I bought a new 2023 Lexus ES350 in September, 2023 from Oakland Lexus and got the same wind noise problem at freeway speeds, I test drove a few cars of the same model/year and detected the same issue.  This service department won't fix it since I guess nobody wants to admit they sell low-quality cars. It looks like a build problem from a manufacturing plant since this happens often enough.

You can open a case w/ Lexus HQ in November 2023 and ask them to find a resolution (my case number is 231127003078.) Let me know how it goes.

PS: a dealership in Kentucky actually did fix the problem so we have a precedence here, I am disappointed with how Lexus handles customers nowadays.

Edited by Dustin Nguyen