mp3 playback and limitations on USB

jbg926

Hey all, I recently bought my 300h used and had a question or two regarding the playback of mp3s that I cannot seem to find online.

I have a little usb drive with about 1500 mp3s on there as my mix for driving. I noticed that after the 264th mp3, it stopped and went back to the beginning. I figured it was some glitch, so I tried to go directly to the next song via clicking and scrolling etc there, but the catalog just ends at that 264th song.

I popped it out and brought it home and thought maybe there is a limit to the number of mp3s in a folder (originally no mp3s were in any folder, purely all at the top level). So I put them in a few folders with no more than 260 songs in each and popped it back in. This time the playback went to the last song in the first folder and would not play any other song nor let me navigate up and out etc.

I have heard the infotainment options and general UI of the system kind of sucks, but do I need a firmware update or is this a massive bug or am I doing something wrong or what?

Any assistance is appreciated and thanks in advance!