Quick Question On Vsc Switch?

How can I set the VSC default to be in the "Off" position? My car rides a lot better with it shut off but the default is for it to be on so whenever I turn off the car I have to press the switch to turn it off. I know there is a way where I can make it so that when I start the car its already switched "off". How can I do this or do I have to take it to the dealer??

According to the service manual, it is not possible; at least not in 1998 and above.

What do you mean "rides better?" It has no effect whatsoever on the ride. It does effect the ability to pull out, especially on loose gravel, but my car's rear is slippery with or without it on. Actually you may come to appreciate it if you hit a corner a little fast in the rain or something like that. It's amazing how VSC will keep the car in line as opposed to you going off the edge.

Kinda' reminds me of the guy that wanted me to disable his airbags because "he hits a lot of deer on the way to and from work." I found the mere suggestion so damn repugnant, I almost did it for him. I think he chose not to wear his seatbelt either.

What I meant by "rides better" was that I don't have to worry about the transmission seeming like its slipping when I'm trying to take off from a stop sign or something. When the VSC is off I can take off like a normal car without the engine reving and me going nowhere. I do however see the need for it especially on rainy days. I just want it to be my option to turn it "on" when I need it and not "off" when I don't need it.

It is your option, just that over in Tokyo, as over here, it defaults to on.

I suppose if you were handy you could build a circuit that pulses ground for a second or two after starting the car, to terminal 2; yellow wire of the VSC switch. That would effectively turn it off everytime you start the car yet allow you to turn it back on/off at will.

Basically you need a timer, and a relay.

Start---wait 3-5 seconds---close relay for 1 second. The relay would be wired to provide ground to terminal 2 of the switch.

R U good with a soldering iron? :blink:

• 3 weeks later...

haha, this is some funny *BLEEP*....

anyways,

i have a question...I just bought a 98 GS400 with borla exhaust and an aftermarket intake system....and the car takes a half second or so when you step on it to actually pick up....but once you hit it the thing flies.

is there any way to fix that half second delay? whats the deal? I think i read somewhere that the car "learns" the old driver's habits and adjusts to that? is that true?

thanks

jay

disconnect the neg. battery terminal for 20 min. reconnect and go drive the car like you just stole it [ it has been said that a ecu takes 30-40 starts to reprogram to your driving habits .