Seat Belt Question

FreddT

The drivers side front seat belt is correct. The upper latch faces out, and when I connect it, all is fine. The passenger side, however, is different. The latch is on the inside of the belt, so it connects in a twisted mess. I tried to correct the problem, but am stuck. How do I correct the belt? Sounds simple, but I'm fooled.

Thanks for your patience, LOC members.

look at the mount basenut beside the seat.

follow the belt up with a smooth flow toward the belt clip.The side facing the seat is supposed to be that way all the way through.

Now fold a small corner of the belt like an envelope and slowly pull the belt through allowing more and more of the belt to fold eventually it will all get back into position.The problem is now with tthe rest of the belt inside the b pillar. Make sure the belt is extended all the way and do the same thing again to feed the belt in properly . Eventually it will unhook inside the pillar where you can;t see it anyway.

Well, I printed out SK's instructions, and fooled with the belt for 2 hours. No way I could get it turned around. Must be me...The bottom slide in the connector is too narrow to allow any sort of "folded" belt to reverse the way it sits-backwards.

Finally, I undid the bottom bolt, reversed the connection to the wall, released the belt and reconnected it securely. Oh, I also had to remove that plastic nib that stops the belt travel outwards, so I could reverse the belt. All is well and secure. I even doubled the belt thickness in the bottom bolt connector.

Thanks for your help.