Pcv Valve

simcom

Usually they are located on top of the engine valve cover(Block) and it has a single hose attached to it.

To test if it works you can do one of two things. Detach it and shake it. If you hear a rattle, it's good. If not, well replace. they are about 2.00 and Fram makes them.

You can also with the engine running take the valve out of the valve cover and put your finger underneath the PCV valve. If you feel a strong suction, it's good too. Otherwise replace.

I don't know the exact location as I haven't looked under my LS 400, but I think it's going to be where I stated...

Usually they are located on top of the engine valve cover(Block) and it has a single hose attached to it.

To test if it works you can do one of two things. Detach it and shake it. If you hear a rattle, it's good. If not, well replace. they are about 2.00 and Fram makes them.

You can also with the engine running take the valve out of the valve cover and put your finger underneath the PCV valve. If you feel a strong suction, it's good too. Otherwise replace.

I don't know the exact location as I haven't looked under my LS 400, but I think it's going to be where I stated...

correct!!!

On the driver's side valve cover. Gen III is towards the front of the engine ; Gen I & II's are more in the middle to back side (on top of the valve cover).

I have 90 LS. NOW I think I know where it is. Unfortunatelly I don't know how to change it. Do I have to unscrew it, pull or what?? It stucked in this rubber seal, so one is sure...I won't do this by hand...:) Please help. And if I change it, do I have to change that rubber seal??

oh, one more.

What do you think about STP complete fuel system cleaner (i think this is a silver bottle), is it OK??? or maybe should I use syn power????

As far as a fuel additive, you don't need all those fancy advanced crap bottles. I goto Wal-Mart and get the house brand equivalent of regular STP and use it in both my Honda and Lexus. It works just as good.

For the valve, just pull it out but be careful about and don't break it in half. It's just cheap plastic...