Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2001 430.  My front windows both want to rub on the rubber seals when I roll them down. The rubber folds over and slows the window down.  Any one have this problem?

• 3 months later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By austinkwebb
      I ran into the issue of buying a gs350 awd with a front differential exploded. Well, I looked and you guys didn't have any tutorials at all. All of your standard car manuals will tell you to remove the engine. I say that seems a bit excessive and so I did the job today without it.
      1. Get a bar (like a handle from a jack, like I used) and put blocks of wood on the ends to hold it up above the intake. There is a picture showing this. Put home made brackets on the header studs and bolt them down. Tie the engine up with the bar.
      2. Remove both front wheels and discard them for now.
      3. Remove both tie rods, sway bar ends, lower ball joints, and bottom of strut mount.
      4. Pull CV axles out.
      5. Remove all wires going to steering rack.
      6. Remove steering rack bolts.
      7. Remove front drive shaft.
      8. Drain oil from front differential if you haven't already because I forgot to tell you earlier lol.
      9. Remove steering from rack (the spline)
      10. Remove bolts from both motor mounts.
      11. Stick a jack under the frame and drop the frame with the wishbones on it.
      (Optional steps) use these only if the right hand axle is giving you a fit and won't come out.
      11a. Loosen tensioner and remove drive belt.
      11b. Loosen bolts and move out ac compressor
      12. Unbolt the front differential, pull it off and beat the axle out from the left side of the car
      ----- 
      Unoptional 
      12. Unbolt front differential and remove from car.
      End.
      Repeat backwards to go back together.
      (End of optional steps)

• By NOMECHANIC
      Hello
      I recently purchased an 01 RX 300 with 125K on the odo and in very nice shape.
      I have one issue which may be several
      1.Power mirrors do not work
      2.Rear wiper and washer do not work
      3.My right rear window will spontaneously drop partially while driving.
      This happens spontaneously and to different degrees but seems to settle down after half an hour or so. 
      Also there would seem to be a short in the master switch as tapping my knee along side the door will make this occur as I drive also
      My question: Could this all be attributed to the same cause? Grounds associated with the switch perhaps? Or am I looking at multiple issues here?
      Any help and suggestions would be appreciated

• By jpgs30098
      Can the driver's seat bottom be replaced with the seat bottom from the passenger side ?   I'm interested in replacing the driver's side front seat bottom, cushion and leather.   After 17 years, mine is very worn.   There are passenger side seats available from the recyclers, but I'm trying to determine if any parts can be used on the driver's side.   Thanks!
    • By LEXUS_650
      DOES ANYONE HAVE THE GLASS FOR THE SIDE MIRRORS DRIVER SIDE AND PASSENGER SIDE ?I WANTED THE ONE THAT HAS THE DEFROSTER I JUST NEED THE GLASS NOT THE HOUSING I TRIED LOOKING FOR IT BUT I ONLY FOUND THE REGULAR GLASS OR DOES IT REALLY MAKE A DIFFERENCE ?BECUASE I WANT IT TO WORK LIKE MOVE AROUND IDC SO MUCH FOR THE DEFROSTER PART BUT IF YOU GOT IT LET ME KNOW THANK YOU
    • By TSAR
      Okay, I replaced the front motors in the two front door lock actuators about two years ago. Recently, they started acting up again: had to use key or by hand from inside. I didn't want to replace the motors again, and decided to bite the bullet and get new actuator assemblies. I replaced both front actuator assmeblies with parts I ordered from a online Lexus dealer. The part numbers were 69040-3A071 and 69030-3A121 for my 2003 GS300. I was proud when I pushed the lock button on the key and they both locked. My pride lasted about a second. The windows rolled up and the sunroof shut also, and this had never happened before. Further, the unlock button would not make the doors unlock. The red light came on the key, but nothing happened. Worse, when I put the key in the door lock, it would not unlock the door manually. (Yes, that means that I could not get in the car because everything closed up.) Fortunately, one of the rear locks was unlocked and had gone bad after I ordered the new front door parts, so I could get back into the car that way.
      I visited my Lexus dealer, whom I barely know because the car is so trouble free and I change the oil myself. I was permitted to talk directly to a technician who left to look something up and came back to tell me that there should be no relationship between the power door locks and the windows going up and that is not a programmable feature. No help there, so I am pleading with my online community to offer guidance. I also asked about resetting the programming to factory specs. Duh. The only advice I got was to disconnect the battery (which I had not done during the changeouts) and let any capacitors discharge. Left the battery disconnected all night and same issues the next day.
      I just took the passenger door panel off and just don't see what the problem could be. Spare me the random guesses and someone with a good theory please jump in.