Selling My 93 Es300

dcfish

Hello fellow lexus owners , I am going to sell my 93 ES300 blk on blk and want to know what the LOC members would do ? Should I buy a ls400 [ 90-96 ] or a GS300 second gen. OR ? I also own a 98 GS300 blk on blk , the car being sold is my wifes car . I drove a 96 GS300 yesterday and i thought it was a dog - 72,000 mi.and it did not have the getgo that my gs has at all , then i drove a 98 SC400 and this car would be alright for a 2nd car but not roomy enough , any suggestions would be greatly appreciated . The search moves forward B)

Why not consider a GS 400 instead of the GS 300? A lot more power with the V8. What kind of cash do you want to spend? & does it matter if you have 2 or 4 doors? B)

:cheers:

4 doors and she wants a 6 cyl I am trying to get her into a ls400 but the v8 with gas and insurance !!! she'll pay $10,000- $15,000 and wants $5 to $7 for her car.

How about a 97 - 98 ES 300......it's got a boost in horsepower & torque since the 93, has been upgraded over the previous generation & as long as you find a well maintained with decent milage, in good condition......that might be the way to go or at least ad to your "short list". B)

That is not a bad idea , she was looking at the gs300 1st gen. but I would like it if she were to get a 98 or better GS300 but too much $ what about an toyota avalon ?

Toyota Avalon is not a bad choice at all. B) What year(s) are we talking about? Slighly larger than the ES 300 but same mechanicals & it's Toyota's flagship to boot! I just kind of like that Lexus logo on the front & back of the car myself, but nothing wrong with the Avalon so I'd say the same rules apply pretty much to the Avalon as to the ES when it comes to having it checked out my a mechanic first & get service records if you can. :)

I am trying to get her into a ls400 but the v8 with gas and insurance !!!

Not so! ;) My '95 LS gets in between 20-21mpg in the city which is a min. of 2mpg more than my '94 ES. My insurance went up only a slight bit; it's got a V8, but the insurance thinks it's not a sporty car(they're wrong though, but it's our gain!).

I was in this exact same boat a little while ago-I wanted to replace my ES for a larger Lexus. I looked at many 90-94 LS's; they are nice, but where they fall short(floaty ride, seats,etc.), Lexus really fixed it up for 95 and on. I drove a 97 ES too; it was a fine car-so much better than my '94! I'm still wary of the pillarless doors! ;) The 97-01 ES is a gorgeous car in and out(some say boring, but I love it!). I'd steer clear of the origional GS3.

I'd say look for a 95-97 LS for the price bracket you stated; you should have no trouble finding one for that price at all. These cars are simply phenominal! They have everything: style, class, superb power, ample room for everyone, smooth ride, and the car will probably outlast you! Go drive a LS, and nothing will seem good enough after that. I don't find that they float as much as everyone thinks, and the ability to jump to 120mph on the freeway is always nice(did it once on accident). B)

The Avalon is lovely too! Odd styling, but I think it's a wonderful looking car with a great interior! I'd rate the cars you car looking at like so:

1. 95+ LS400

2. 97+ ES300

3. 98+ Avalon

4. 1st gen. GS3

Good luck with your decision