'00 LS400 Cruise control

Moe47

Yep, plays FLAC straight off. Off topic, Mohammed, what oil do you use for the LS? have you had any luck finding Mobil1 in this country? Been looking everywhere to try the 10W-30 and can't find it for the life of me.

Yeah, but I think now that the cars have run in the hundreds of thousands and the fact that we live in a natural oven here, 5W30 would be too thin. You might be right on using the 15W50, But then I might be speaking out my behind. It would be nice if the gurus here could clear this up for us though! 

I had sent Mobil US an enquiry and this is the reply I got: 

"Moe,

Your inquiry has reached the Mobil help desk for US market oils in US market vehicles. I know that here, we would be recommending a 5W-30 rather than a 10W-30 for your Lexus. Typically, when dealing with hot environments, that second number on a multi-viscosity oil is the primary concern. 

Whether 5W-30 or 10W-30, once the engine is up to operating temperature, they're both being measured as a 30.  The main difference between the two will be the flow characteristics during a cold start first thing in the morning. A 5W is going to flow faster than a 10W, so your bearings and valve train which have been draining oil over night will receive a new coat of oil faster with a 5W.

I will be happy to refer your original question to our UAE desk for recommendations on locally available products.

Thank you for choosing Mobil, 

Jim

Mobil Help Desk Team

image003.png

If I can help further with this inquiry or with any other questions, please respond to this email or phone us 1-800-ASK-Mobil

If you would like to provide feedback on your experience with us today please email feedback@orderquestions.com"

EDIT: received another email from Exxon Egypt as Exxon US forwarded my issue to the middle east. Here's what it says. 

"Dear Moe 

Kindly be informed That if your motor is Gasoline Engine and you were using MOBIL 1 10W-30 ,then you can use Mobil 1 New Life 0W-40 ,it has  a claim  API SJ  same as MOBIL 1 10W-30 .

PDS :- http://pds.mobil.com/Egypt-English/Lubes/PDS/GLXXENPVLMOMobil_1_New_Life_0W-40.aspx

Thanks & best regards 

Hazem Fayed

Africa & Middle East Technical Help Desk Engineer

"