LX 470 XM/SIRIUS RADIO FAILURE

My LX 470 SIRUS/XM SATELLITE radio (XM module)  failed causing great consternation amongst the three female members of my family.  I thought it would be worthwhile to post the solution I encountered. The dealer wanted approximately $1000 for a refurbished head unit installed.  $700 for head unit and $300 for labor.  I did some Internet searches and found the SL3Sat unit from VAIS technology for less than $300.  The removal of the head unit is a piece of cake with a $12 set of nylon pry tools but I needed to disconnect the existing XM module on the radio head unit, which was not described in the instructions as they are intended for adding SAT not replacing SAT.  If anyone is interested, I will post pics and more instructions. 

• Like 1

Paul, this is great that you come here, ready for sharing knowledge. I don't have SAT radio in my country but I think it may greatly help others  (either now or in the future) if you could indeed post instructions while your memory on this is fresh.

Good luck!