Check this beautiful tranny fluid out.!.. 馃槼

Lovinlex

So I'm doing a flush on my transmission and this is what comes out.. Can anyone tell how bad it is by the color/darkness of it? 聽Also I thought there was supposed to be magnets around the seal?whatever that is around it is not magnet and it breaks and crumbles to the touch. Also found a screw inside the pan check it out. And is this supposed to have a funky smell to it? Like smells like an old camping trailor or something! Don't know if you guys will know what I'm talkin about but if u do that's what it smells liked聽One more question.. Everybody can't stress enough how important it is to use the ATF- trans fluid..聽Guy at oriellys 聽auto parts( my regular store I go to buy parts 聽from) said that valvoline import multi vehicle/ full synthetic for Toyota, Honda Nissan/imported vehicles.聽聽would work for my 90 LS400.. 聽I have not put it in yet because I want confirmation from the pros first. 聽Is this safe to use? 聽And I think the owners before me never used the ATF 聽at all because I found just a regular ol Bottle of trannyfluid in the trunk. Hopefully I can get some feedback like ASAP!! Thanks guys聽

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Since the oil pan itself is so dark we can not see the color or condition of the fluid. The pan would need to be lighter or even a glass jar. Having a screw in there is not good, I think it goes in the corner on the side opposite the solenoids and into the separator plate, look for the empty hole. It would go straight up.

Yeah suppose to be magnets.聽 And I personally would not use that fluid. Toyota T-IV only. Yeah any fluid will work, but what are the friction modifiers in it? There is no one size fits all Automatic Transmission fluid, some people think so. Now if you rebuilt the transmission with aftermarket friction materials and cleaned torque converter, and from day one used that stuff then yeah maybe okay. But still Toyota did the valve body calibrations for a certain transmission fluid additive package and friction modifiers.

Before I would use a non approved fluid I'd get in writing from the fluid manufacture to warrant the transmission since they think its okay. They will never ever take the blame for transmission damage. And that is why you would never take a new car to Jiffy lube to void the warranty with improper trans fluid. I know you said its a 90.