Lexus Enform

mnycnslt

When starting up the car, the ENFORM logo appears on the screen and stays there for a few seconds.  Those few seconds are when I'm wanting to back out of the garage and, yes, SEE what the back-up camera is showing.  Is there a way to delete the ENFORM message and just enjoy the rear view so, in my rush, I don't back over something?

I always though the back up camera over rode everything in reverse? I do see the Lexus logo but it goes away in a few seconds. There are so many settings that I spent an hour with the Lexus tech guy and still learned stuff after a year. Call the tech guy at a Lexus dealer, from what I see, they talk for free.

VB, thank you for your reply.  I did talk to the tech gurus on the phone.  Twice.  One guy didn't seem to get the drift.  The second said much the same as you did, and I probably needed to bring it in for service if the signage didn't disappear when I selected REVERSE.  I'm two hours away from a dealer, so I asked the rep to check out a similar vehicle in their stock to see if it didn't function similarly and get back to me.  Didn't happen, so that's why I'm inquiring here of the community.  Users tend to be more responsive than I have found Lexus to be.

I looked at mine today. The Lexus Enform logo came up but only for maybe 3 seconds then went to the screen that begs you to Continue  When I put it in reverse the screen goes right to the rear view  

Thanks again, VB.  You're right on with what I'm seeing.  I just don't like the 3 second delay you mentioned.  No good reason for it that I can see, other than someone considered it a marketing window of opportunity.  Maybe I'll just have to mellow a bit and not be so antsy to get underway....but it IS aggravating and should be the customer's choice, not Lexus'.

Okay, so now I see what you mean. Probably true but I have a habit of letting the car idle for a few seconds before reversing. Maybe my old mechanical stuff in college but I like to let a little oil pressure build up. Once the map comes on, I go. Of course there is a really simple solution to your problem you know?  Back in.

Denny

" Of course there is a really simple solution to your problem you know?  Back in"  Great suggestion...my wife always tells me to think outside the box.  Doesn't happen very often, but I appreciate the SIMPLE solutions.  Thanks for a chuckle AND solution.

I taught people to think for a living. Tough job but somebody has to do it. As far as backing in goes, I always back in everywhere. My wife was too old when I met her to learn and she remains a puller-inner. My daughter always backs in because I annoyed the hell out of her when she was learning by forcing her to back in. Pretty soon it became habit for her. I told her she was still getting off easy because my dad made us back up with trailers and mirrors. As far as the backup cameras go, they are okay but not great and still a secondary visual option for me. I do like when backing into the garage because I can see where to stop. 

Glad you liked the suggestion. I thought you'd get a kick out of that.

Denny

The Enform/navigation system is a computer with an operating system and an application written by a subsidiary of Research In Motion (Blackberry) if I remember correctly.  The Enform logo is displayed while the is booting up - similar to when booting up a personal computer.

I don't know if the 2011 ES350 Enform allows it but I'm pretty sure that later versions allow substituting your own image for the Enform logo.  My wife has family photos displaying on the similar Entune/navigation in her Prius when it is starting up instead of the normal logo.  She loaded the photos into the car system from a USB memory stick.  If your Enform allows it, you could have it display the attached "Back to the Future" image instead of the Enform logo.

Maybe start your engine before you put your seat belt on to eat up some of that incredibly long three seconds.  Way more than three seconds have passed by the time I have fastened my seat belt, pressed my seat memory button and allowed the seat to move into position, snapped my phone into its holder, put on my eye glasses, tuned to a radio or Pandora station, and verified that I remembered to open the garage door.

Back to the Future.jpg