Es 300 Navigation Works In Ottawa, Canada?

Guys,

I had bought a es 300 last May with the dvd navigation system and i am simply thrilled with it. Works great in Texas and i even drove to St Louis and the navigation system guided me every mile of the way.

I now intend to drive to Ottawa, Canada and wanted to know if the navigation system will work there. I tried inputting the address and the system did recognize it and i could also take a look at the route overview.

I have heard someone saying that the dvd navigation system goes blank

as soon as it crosses the border into Canada.

Wondering if someone used it in Canada and how it works there.

Thanks

If the area you tried to input has been developed recently, the information(Address & Street) wouldn't be on the DVD's database that was originally installed on your car. They came out with an updated DVD about October 2003.

Also, did you change the "Zone" to the area you were looking for?

Oh Yes! i did change the zone location to Can and the system immediately recognized the address and i was able to preview the entire route i am supposed to take. Wow!!

My question still however remains 'Has anyone ever used it in Canada and did it work?

If programmed correctly, you should have no problem when travelling to our Nation's capital in Ottawa Ontario (not Ottawa, Canada lol :lol: you wouldn't say Houston, America would ya? ;) ). It's a fairly large city with over a million people. Have fun! :)

:cheers: