Melting Dash

Debbieaca

Omg. Can someone please help. Not asking for free just wanna fix

My 2005 Lexus IS in perfect condition. Except the dash is melting. How do I fix or remove. HELP

Hi Debbie and welcome to the LOC.

First, congratulations on having the most unusual problem I've ran across. LOL But seriously, can you please come back with a more specific and detailed explanation regarding the problem of the melting dash. A photo or two would be very helpful.

You can also go to Lexus.com. From their home page you can navigate to other departments which may be able to provide some help.

Other members will log on today and offer their help. I am VERY interested in figuring this program.

Paul

• Like 1

This is extremely common problem. Google something like "Lexus melting dash recall" and you will get lots of hits such as http://www.wptv.com/money/consumer/toyota-and-lexus-to-fix-45-million-cars-if-dashboard-is-melting-some-drivers-waiting-for-letter

Make sure that you are the owner of record if you are not the original owner.

2005 IS300, that model year might be a concern. I think the warranty enhancement for this problem covers 2nd gen Lexus IS's starting with model year 2006.

Melting dash? huh? I went to Hawaii and walked around and didn't see any melting action. I've seen shrinkage, fading, cracking and outright deterioration but never melting. I'd love to see a picture. Instagram me with one.

vbdenny

There are plenty of photos of this problem - especially on the IS300 and ISX50 - that can be found by searching for phrases like "Lexus melting dashboard": https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=Lexus+melting+dashboard The dashboard becomes very sticky to the touch and literally oozes fluid.

I'm a little surprised that Toyota has finally admitted that the problem exists and is going to supposedly fix dashboards back to the 2006 model year ISX50. Whether they fix the dashboards on the earlier IS300 is another matter.