Any Liquid Wax ? Works Better

I am looking for safe and better liquid wax for Lexus, which can be used quicker and immdiately after car wash. Can't spend too much time, thats why. If there is one that can be applied quicker I'm interested as I can go for car wash outside come back and use Meguires quick detailer to dust off and apply wax.

Any feedback on Mequires liquid wax ? or any other products ?

The quickest and easiest wax I've ever used is P21S Paste Wax. Paste waxes nowadays are VERY easy to use usually. Its just wipe on/wipe off no drying or hazing time neccisary. On top of that its one of the best looking waxes on the market.

You can order it from us on www.lexuscarcare.com or if you have a Harley Davidson dealer anywhere near you, you can go down there and pick it up as "S100 Motorcycle Wax" its the same product just a little bit less and $10 cheaper.

After nearly 50 years of waxing cars, I was convinced 3 years ago to switch to a sealant/polish. I did not believe how well it worked and held up. Here in the South, and DC qualifies based on temperature and humidity, the best of wases are short lived. I've become a "Zaino Zealot"! Zaino (www.zainostore.com) is a polish/sealant which looks great and lasts much longer than waxes. To do it right, any sealant/polish/glaze/wax must be applied over a properly prepared surface. Zaino is no exception, but after proper application, reasonable maintainance with a carwash and spray gloss is simple quick and keeps the car looking great. There are currently at least 2 threads running on Autopia, a detailing website for enthusiast and professional automobile detailers. You might enjoy checking this one out: (Autopia does contribute to the Lexus car care site)

http://www.autopia.org/forums/showthread.p...&threadid=36157

My '91 Reatta convertible pics wouldn't attach, but here's one from the Autopia site:

post-9-1082170220.jpg

He's looking for the absolute quickest, Zaino is hardly going to do that for him. Great product, but quite complicated.

As for Meguiars wax yellowing the finish, which wax were you using? It would be extremely difficult for a wax to yellow the finish on a car. If not kept clean and waxed white will turn yellow.

Meguiars makes great and safe products, not the best, but good products.

He's looking for the absolute quickest, Zaino is hardly going to do that for him. Great product, but quite complicated.

Yeah, but once he's done it, regular washing and a quick spray and wipe with Z-6 will keep it looking great. Besides, everyone should prep properly before applying any wax/glaze/sealant/polish. Plus with the new ZFX additive, it's literally a wipe on-wipe off with Z-2 or Z-5. It is a case of spending the time to prep now or spending it later trying to keep it looking good.

then the question is, is there really such a "quick"way, if you want it done right? In my opinion, you better start with the proper foundation and do it right the first time, then maybe it can be "quick" afterwards. Honestly, i'd rather not take any short cuts- or just send it out to get detailed if you're short on time. I know alot of us don't have the time to do this, but I make the time. Besides, it's fun, and something of an accomplishment once I finish. :cheers:

If you are going to spend the money for Lexus quality, you ought to spend the money and time to care for it properly. Mechanics (service technicians) will tell you that a well maintained car gets better care because they can tell it is appreciated. So keeping your car clean has added benefits you may never know about. Even cops appreciate well cared for cars. The last 3 times I was stopped , the officer was so impressed with my well maintained car that he let me off. And I am an "offensive" not defensive driver!

I don't mind spending time if cops are gonna let me go looking @ my car :) I wilsh I could spend time, in case if I can't spend time is there any quick product(if not great product) which is easy/quick to use and protect the car with fair results... Thats what I was asking for...

Thanks anyway for responses.

If you can't spend the time, get the car well detailed by a professional, then spend the time you have available to keep it clean and cared for. The professional should be happy to advise you as to what you can use (and probably sell it to you) to keep what he did looking good. That way you can have the best of both worlds.

I agree that doing your own detailing is time consuming. I spent 10+ hours on my Reatta Convertible interior and exterior last week and spent 4 hours today just deep cleaning and putting one coat of Z-2 +ZFX on my Excalibur. Hope to complete the interior and shine her up some more tomorrow and Monday. (And these cars are 2 seaters! But I'm retired and this is one of my many "hobbies".

And if your car is a dark color, it will look fantastic properly detailed, but a half-assed job will make it look terrible. A lighter colored car will be more forgiving.

Maybe you can use the following products-

Eagle one- Wax As-U-Dry and Nanowax.

Wax As-U-Dry is specifically designed to wax your car as you dry it. A special blend of water-reactive polymers and waxes provides that just hand-waxed look in one simple spray-on formula that saves you time and effort.

Nanowax.

The first polish and wax utilizing advanced Nano technology to fill fine scratches and conceal swirl marks.

NanoWax is our most technologically advanced wax created using Nano technology. This formula is better at filling fine scratches and concealing swirl marks than traditional waxes. It also provides an amazing shine and leaves no wax residue behind. We believe NanoWax is the best performing high gloss wax formula on the market today. It's an easier way to protect your car with a long lasting wax and high gloss shine.

There- three steps including the wash. I can't make it easier without sacrificing quality and finish. Either way- this should take under 1 1/2 - 2 hrs worth of time, and I think thats cutting it close. (assuming you wash the car twice like I do, and clean the rims and tires)

HRP- What you've got to understand is everyone has different priorities. Its worth the time *to you*. To most people a run through the car wash is good enough, if even that. Some people don't care enough to ever wash their car. I know people with cars far more expensive than your LS that have never even been washed once since new. Its his property, and only he can decide what is and is not important to him.

Trust me, we all love a detailed car but there is absolutely no difference between a car that is washed regularly and waxed every once and a while and a car that is religiously detailed when it comes time for trade in. This was told to me by an automotive appraiser. That means that all the effort we put into our cars is for our own benefit.

Diff'rent strokes for diff'rent folks. Advice is always welcome, but please don't admonish other members for having priorities different than your own.

Don't put ANYTHING on the car unless you spend the time to throughly clean and prepare the paint first. I detail cars for people for $250 and usually spend 10-12 hrs. on each one. If you seal in road dirt, tar, bugs, oxidation etc. you won't be happy. If you have more money than time, seeek out someone who will clean your car like it is their own.

I liked the part about the cops. No doubt. I guess it depends on the cop but most I know keep their cars fairly nice. By the way, this is also a useful tip for Interstate driving. Watch out for people with crappy looking cars are they are usually crappy drivers. I was and detail my car before and after every road trip (like the Transporter). My driving while offensive, is not as aggressive as the Transporter. Great movie with a black 745 that is driven. Any driver should enjoy most of this movie.

HRP- What you've got to understand is everyone has different priorities. Diff'rent strokes for diff'rent folks. Advice is always welcome, but please don't admonish other members for having priorities different than your own.

SWO3ES

Certainly did not mean to admonish. My apologies if what I wrote came across wrong. We old farts do sometimes tend to express our opions somewhat directly. Thanks for pointing it out. I'll try to "keep it down" in the future.

HRP- Thanks ;)

As for the cops letting people go, my dad always tells a story about when he got stopped for doing 95 in a 65 right after he got his old 98 LS. The cop and him started chatting, the cop's father had just gotten one, and the cop let him go...