A/c Light Blinking On 2003 Lexus Es300

Hello everyone,

Hope that someone can help me on this. My lexus es300 a/c light blinking and I changed the clutch relay to the 02028 which is the recommended .It worked temporarily

but started back blinking after driving 20 to 30 minutes.

The belt is fine, do anyone have any suggestions ? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

doc77032,

You have the newer updated relay. I would pull it and try cleaning all its contacts, and then reinstall it and try again.

If that doesn't do the trick, I would wonder if it is bad and needs replacing, again, or if your harness connectors at the relay and the AC magnetic clutch are corroded.

You probably won't like what I have to say BUT, when the A/C light blinks it means the compressor is having problems. I doubt the clutch would cause this light to flash although I have been wrong before.

doc77032,

You have the newer updated relay. I would pull it and try cleaning all its contacts, and then reinstall it and try again.

If that doesn't do the trick, I would wonder if it is bad and needs replacing, again, or if your harness connectors at the relay and the AC magnetic clutch are corroded.

Thank you, I'll check it out

You probably won't like what I have to say BUT, when the A/C light blinks it means the compressor is having problems. I doubt the clutch would cause this light to flash although I have been wrong before.

I hope not, but I'll have someone take a look at it.

Best of luck with it Byron. Hopefully it works out for the best. In my case, a Toyota dealer converted my 90 LS400 to R-134A from the original R-12 and it worked for a few months but then it blinked again and made terrible noises the hot air. Everyone (I had 3 estimates) said the compressor destructed internally and sent metal throughout the system. Cost to fix? (sit down) $2500. I drove it for 9 months a year for 3 years then sold it for $2500 to a friend who doesn't mind heat.

Denny

VBdenny,

Just for clarification, my wife's last ES330 (an 2004 ) developed this exact same flashing AC light and no AC cooling issue. At that time I did online searches to discover the change in the updated relay as the TSB fix for the problem.

I replaced the relay with the newer one and the problem was corrected. The AC continued to work perfectly for the next few years until we decided to trade up to her present 2011.