2008 Gs350 Battery Issues After Service

I had my vehicle at the dealership from Oct - February for the warranty repair. They did not have the part ready so they had me in a loaner. When I stopped by in January I noticed my car battery was dead and asked them to jump it and to turn it on weekly. They gave it back to me 2 weeks later. I noticed the next day that the car took a few extra seconds to start and just thought it was the brutally cold weather. As it has gotten warmer the past two weeks, I noticed the car still takes a few extra turns before it starts up. Would it be the dealerships responsibility to replace my battery if it was dying? If not, does CPO cover the battery?

Thanks!

Hi Amar and welcome.

If the battery is full or somewhat drained, it should have no effect on how many revolutions it takes for the engine to start. It is more probable that something in the ignition and/or fuel is hindering the process. In trying to understand your situation, has this car been sitting, un-started since October of 2014? If so their could be more than "One" devil in the details.

Please come back and let us know what you find.

Paul

Thanks Paul. I am guessing it was sitting idle for about 10 weeks. When I went in January it was in the same parking spot with the battery dead. The alarm made a few sounds when I went to open it.

I would try to get the Lexus dealership service to cover it under CPO warranty, given the sequence of events while the car was in their possession.

What was the nature of the repair that had them keep your car for over 4 months (October-February)?

They didn't have the parts...

Toyota Motor Sales U.S.A. is recalling approximately 423,000 Lexus vehicles, including the 2006-'11 Lexus GS, to fix faulty fuel delivery pipes that could leak and pose a fire risk. | October 15, 2014 | Toyota Motor Sales U.S.A., Inc.

Yes we are aware of that recall, owners have received their letter by now. My 07 IS350 is subject to that recall and it will be taken care of this summer during routine service visit.

I assume the difference is that your GS350 was actually leaking fuel (as a result of faulty fuel delivery pipes)?