Ignition Spark Wire?

JasonVideo

Hi all,

New to the forum, hope you can help. My wife's ES350 was running rough like it was missing. Long story short, looks like a critter chewed through a wire that supplies spark. My question is what do you call the wire so that I can order a new one and fix it right. At this point I'm going to solder the wire. But I want to fix it right. On a side note, how do I keep the mice out?! We just moved to a colder climate. Not used to this!

Here's a pic:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5Gjg_ogdcC2blVWTjN5V1V6dWc&authuser=0

Thanks,

Jason

Frankly if the wire is damaged and you feel confident with your soldering job....go with it. I would use heat shrink to surround the splice and you should be good to go. My son had the same thing happen on his Honda and we repaired the wiring and it was still going strong when he sold it 3 years later. The harness for these cars could cost you more than you want to pay....just my 2 cents.

• Like 1

Ok I finally saw your picture, In my book I would have repaired as you have stated and move on. Lexus will way over charge for that harness. as for rodents, vines are not your friend...they love vines near your home.

• Like 1

Yes. Thought about the heat shrink after the repair and taped the heck out of it with electrical tape. I don't trust the tape to stay put. May re-cut the wire and re-solder and heat shrink it. Thanks for your input!

Jason