Happiness Is........

13IS250C

My preference is using my right foot to maintain the 75 mph on flyover, but either way I like the feeling/G forces.

We have one here 3 miles from my house that I enjoy at 80 mph only when no cars are around.

I guess I was just in a silly mood. I knew I would have to reset it once I got over it so I just wanted to see if I could hold it. Not a problem at all. Weeeeeeee!

I read once about accelerating in a curve so the torque of the engine will make the car level up. That is when I love my little aluminum left foot pedal. I hate it though when my top is down because the sun hits it and it reflects right into my eye.

Made it back alive. Annoyed 3 people.

Filled up with some TT-93 @ Costco. Seems gasoline prices have risen a little in the past week.

Next thing I did was call Sirius and have them remove that from both my IS and my wife's RAV4 because I went to put Howard 100 on and it was not there. I called and the rep said I had XM not Sirius. I shut it off. Not sure what happened to a previously great company but between their prices being jacked up, and the automatic billing, and having to call and fight with them all the time I said (can't say here) and cut it all off. I still have my portable unit that I can use if I want.

After Becki mentioned how she streams from here iPhone to car, I did that and now, no Sat radio,

there that old convertible spirit. Loved driving my Miata around but my wife hated it so much, had to get rid of the thung. Worked out for me because I'm really not supposed to get too much sun, and I got the new IS250 out of the deal. Talk about things working out for the best?

So I don't feel inferior to you "bat out of hell" car owners, my little ol' ES350 will bark the tires from a stand still, then from 1st to 2nd. Not bad for an old (66) man who can't remember why he walked into a room and what was he going to do!!! LOL

Paul

I like the compact sport sedan sizing and balance of the IS for same reasons, they are great back/mountain road cars (with lots of lovely twisties). Anything bigger tends to be annoying when the roads get narrow. I live in the middle of sports car country (from a drivers standpoint) including easy access to 2 coastal mountain ranges loaded with beautiful mountain roads.

I purposely have my IS configured to be optimal for roads of this sort. I've lived in this particular hilly location for 12 years and owned 2 Porsche Boxsters for recreation use here, so the IS had some big shoes to fill as they say. The IS350 at 306hp is a bit quicker than both the Boxster and Boxster S.

As per the title here, happiness is....

I keep my tranny in the sport mode. For some reason every time I take it in for service, they turn it back to normal. I'm not normal!!!!!

They also always take my headlights off of automatic. It really makes me mad. They don't need to be messing with my settings.

I kind of understand why Service people hit the AUTO button on a summer day, just to get a quick AC cooldown with 1 touch. It's also common for Service departments to turn off all lights completely so they don't drain battery and have bright lights in the shop while working on car.

But sport mode to comfort/econo... Does it reset upon restart? Or maybe when they run diagnoistics, it resets to default?