Wash, Clay, Polish, Wax On 91 Ls400

I just did the same this past Sunday for my 1990 LS400. Took me 9 hours to do a complete exterior and interior detailing, 8 of those just for the exterior!!!! But what fantastic results.

This is what I did:

1) Dawn dishwashing liquid to wash car.

2) Clay Magic clay bar

3) Meguiar's Deep Crystal Paint Cleaner

4) Meguiar's No. 7 ShowCar Glaze

5) Collinite No. 845 Liquid Insulator Wax

I have Meguiar's Quick Detailer to use as a followup for those days when I need that "just waxed" look.

May try out Klasse's All-In-One next time, as I don't know if I have it in me to do 8 hours again. Fortunately it's only perhaps twice a year that requires such involved detailing.

By the way, for those also using Collinite.....I only used about 1/3 of the bottle for a complete wax job. Am I using too little? Too much? Should I put on another application? Is another coat necessary? Please advise. Thanks.

ayan....

did u take any pics for us?? :o

did you use a buffer or do it all by hand?

you probably already know this but after you have all your nice different coats of glaze, polish and wax, you don't want to use Dawn dishwashing soap on it again, to wash,unless you are redoing the car again. ;)

use megaiar's car wash or equivenlent

as it will take all the wax off.....i'm sure you know that but just checking, as you wouldn't want all that hard work to go to wasted. :D