Pink Carpet

has anyone come across the light grey color carpet being stained pink only under the oem floor mats? This is the second time it has happened after replacing carpet once. Wondering if it could be a chemical reaction of some sort. It occurred both front and back only under the mats.

If you remove all the oem mats, you see a perfect pink stain in the exact shape of all the mats. Where the dimples of the car mats meet the carpet, the pink is more pronounced. Our dealership had an "expert" look at it and he said we probably put the mats in wet after cleaning, however, after they replaced the carpet, the pink returned and I know for a fact we have not cleaned the mats. It has everybody scratching their heads.

I think I would've replaced the mat set after having the carpet replaced. Of course, if the vehicle were under warranty, the new mat set should be provided at discount, if not for free. My guess is that something is not right with those mats.

I'm like you, it almost seems like some kind of chemical reaction with the fibers of the carpet and the rubber of the mat. I would make them replace the carpet again and get different mats.