Bmw/lexus Rumors - True!

pj8708

Begiining last year, I have heard rumors off and on about the prospects of Lexus and BMW getting their heads together for collaberation on a totally new automobile.

Well according to this article fron Car Magazine that rumor is in fact a reality. The new joint venture, code named, "Silk Road", is scheduled to come out in 2017 or 2018. With close to 500hp, the car is designed to meet the Porsche 911 head on.

Read the article and then give us your two cents worth.

Paul

http://us1.campaign-archive2.com/?u=c8d07861212a6ff83112f89f7&id=8b685873e3&e=03d7af6b56

Lets hope the reliability carries over from Lexus....The BMW's are an absolute nightmare to work on. No simple replacement of buried engine parts.

I hate to sound like a girl here, but do we really need another 500 hp car? Who really has the driving skills to handle a car with that much power? Flashback, Roger Rodas and Paul Walker. If even the best can lose control, can you imagine what Justin Beiber could do?

I saw a 3 car pile up on the interstate last week. 2 Mustangs and a Camaro. One Mustang was on its top and thank goodness it looked like there were no innocent vehicles involved. They had local speed shop decals on the windows. I'll bet you 10 to one they were racing. If people would buy these 500 hp cars and take them to the track it would be fine, but that isn't where they end up.

OK.....I'll put on my dress and my pearls and start making Ward his dinner. :-)