Sayonara

The BW ( Beautiful Wife ) and I have been owners of a '99 RX300 for the last 8 years. Yes -- bought it "previously enjoyed" and it's currently got 161,000 on the odo. BW has loved its capabilities in snow and adores the heated seats. Me -- I got disillusioned fairly quickly when the oil consumption started to be a real problem. A quart of oil for a 300 mile round trip was getting to be a nightmare. I used AutoRx and the issue improved, somewhat, but without a warranty and us both being "geezers" I felt I've been skating on thin ice for far too long.

Bw and I went to our local Hyundai store this past Saturday, just to look mind you -- but we wound up trading the RX ( plus a small wad of ca$h ) on a 2014 Santa Fe Sport. Sorry --- but the 10 year, 100,000 mile warranty was the big tipping point. Plus BW's still got her heated seats.

To all of you who offered clear and excellent advice on keeping the RX running -- I thank you so much!

Best wishes.

Old Army Dustoff Medic

VN, 1966-1968

Hey Jon,

No need to run away! We take in stray dogs and cats as well as those who have gone astray. lol Please feel free to stay around and check-in at the "General Chat" forum.

You'll soon find the error of your ways....lol

Paul

Ha, ha! Yeah, I'm an old geezer, also.

It is time to start thinking about the long warranty and whether or not one will be around to see it full term!

Absolutely stay, and as one veteran to another thank you for your service. Hey nice wheels you got....I too am with you, cars as a tool are more valuable than tooling on them.