Ls460 Voice Commands Incompatible With Ipod Touch 5G

I purchased an iPod Touch 5th generation to play music in my 2014 LS 460. However, the audio system is incapable of digesting my music library for use with voice commands, even after reducing the library to 78 songs and 2 playlists. I suspect there is something about the 5th generation iPod Touch that is incompatible with the LS 460 voice command system. I can play the iPod using the mouse and screen but when I try to give a voice command to play a playlist or song, I get a message "Because of the amount of music detected on your device, this command is not available." Any suggestions?

Hi Don and welcome to the Club.

Every once and awhile someone will post a question like yours regarding some bizzare software melt down with the Apple interface.

Your guess about the 5 generation difference is just as good as any other. However, in the past, Lexus Customer Service - Tech Support has done a good job of trouble shooting over the phone or live chat. I'm pasting the contact info you'll need to contact Lexus.

Please come back and let us know what caused the problem.

Paul

http://www.lexus.com/contact/

You may also go to the bottom of this page and click on "Contact Us" and you'll go to another contact option.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a similar problem with my 2013 ES350 using Touch 5th gen. The voice command works for song title and artist, but not playlist, or album. I've been trying to get it correct for a year. After reducing playlists, etc, and trying several things, Lexus finally says 2013 version won't have all the functionality with 5th gen. They told me it works on 2014 models.

I read somewhere that you can have newer version of Voice Command installed. So far, no one at Lexus has agreed to do this.