Recomendation For Shock And Spring Kit

I have a 99 gs400 with factory shocks and springs and I want to upgrade them, What do you guys recommend for shocks and springs? the factory shocks and springs are a little bouncy for me.

I am NOT happy with the L Tuned springs and shocks.

You should qualify that statement more with why. When I had my L-Tuned springs and shocks, it definitely reduced the bouncy/floatiness of the stock S/S. Since gco only stated that he does not like the bounciness of the stock setup, the L-Tuned would be a good choice for him.

There are more combos out there but it really depends on what you are looking for: performance, ride quality, drop, ... You don't get anything for free. You choose performance and you will lose some ride quality (and vice versa).

Let us know more about your goals and maybe someone here can direct you to a setup that fits (or comes closest to) your needs and budget.

I just purchased a 1994 GS300. Can someone recommend a spring and shock solution. I want to increase the handlng performance without lowering the vehicle and sacrificeing all the comfort. Possibly something in the midrange that can provide both performance and ride quality.

Yes, the L tuned s&s setup does reduce the rebound and the car corners flatter. But the downside is a very harsh ride over speed bumps and minor imperfections in the road. The approximate 1.5 inch drop does look nice. By the way this is my second set of L tuned. The first set was so bad that the dealer had to replace them after one month. Good luck in your search.

Yes, the L tuned s&s setup does reduce the rebound and the car corners flatter. But the downside is a very harsh ride over speed bumps and minor imperfections in the road. The approximate 1.5 inch drop does look nice. By the way this is my second set of L tuned. The first set was so bad that the dealer had to replace them after one month. Good luck in your search.

Thanks for the clarification. What wheels are you running?

Redstar-I have found it difficult to source shocks for the 93-97 GS300. The stock are KYB GR2. I have checked Tokico, Bilstein, and others. Coilovers are another story-many choices there-do a search and read on for days....

Most I've talked with that use spring/shock set up go Eibach, HKS, Intrax, Vogtland, or another spring and then a new set of the GR2's to keep a more factory ride. I'd be curious if there are other "shocks only" upgrades out there for the Gen 1 cars?