Trac Off Light Is On?

aportinga

The TRAC OFF light has been on for quite some time. In fact the prior owner (fiances dad) stated that it only meant that the traction control was not working and that it would cost a bundle to fix it.

Now my fiance just called and said that another TRAC light just went off? Are there more then one (I do not have the manual with me).

Also any suggestions to fix the TRAC OFF situation.

As always - thanks all!

Yes, one is to tell you if the TRAC control is turned on/off, the other tells you when TRAC control is actually being activated/engaged when the feature is turned on. One is controlled manually by a switch (turning the feature on/off), the other is controlled by the system itself.

Go to your dealer or the Lexus Web site and get a Owners Manual, the feature is described within.

I understand that but the fact that it came on was quite puzzling because the traction control has been stuck in TRAC OFF since we bought the car. I would think it would be hard for the system to engage if it were cut off at the switch.

Thanks