Tpms For Extra Set Of Tires And Rims

harry42ka1

I bought Lexus rims and winter tires for my 2009 RX350. The rims dont have TPMS. Do i need to buy an extra set of TPMS nozzles as well. Has anyone else experienced same issue. Please help.

The answer is probably yes. It's a pretty exspensive job to take the sensors from one auto and put them on another set of rims. Your best course of action, in my opinion, is to put new ones on your new rims, that won't be cheap either. To possibly save some money on the parts, try Sewell Lexus in Dallas Texas. Now that your a member, Sewell offers an excellent discount to Lexus Owners Club members. Go to Sewellparts.com. When you register, indicate your a member of this club, LOC, and go ahead with your shoping. If you need help you can call them.

Paul

Thanks Paul. I will try Sewellparts.com. Not sure if they ship to Canada. On another thought, I can use regular valves. The downside will be that TPMS will not work. Right!

Correct. The regular valve stem will not work and it will cause the tire low pressure light in the instrument panel to be on all the time.

I have done a search of our data base and pulled out some threads on this subject. I think you'll find a lot of information here.

Paul

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index.php?s=5c9c133976ce09d968a7267e0c20cd98&app=googlecse#gsc.tab=0&gsc.q=tpms