Saw A '14 Is In Person Saturday

I was at the dealership Saturday for the little class that they hold for new Lexus owners. When I was pulling out to leave, they had a new white IS sedan out front. OMG, it is really sharp looking. Of course, people were just all around it so I just drove off.

I can't wait to see the convertible. In 3 years....I will have one! :wub:

I drove 2014 IS350 Saturday at Lexus event in San Mateo, very nice. They also provided competitive BMW, Benz, Audi cars for us to drive on a short autocross course.

Yes it was fun, about 2 hours of thrashing all these cars in the morning (IS350, 335, C350 3.5Ldirect-injected, A4-2.0T, GS350, LS460). Lots burning rubber, and smoking brakes on 3 autocross courses.

My favorites to drive were the IS350 and 335. For ownership I'd consider IS350 or C350 which should be the most reliable of the group.

Aaaaaaaaaaah, burning tires and smoking brakes. It doesn't get any better than that.

I miss my supercharged Z28 that I recently sold. It would burn the tires all the way through 2nd gear. Pure red-neck Heaven. :cries:

Lexus really knows how to throw an event for enthusiast. This is my second event for Lexus owners and both were very different but very well done.

I was really impressed with the little class they had for us Saturday. Nice breakfast...had the service manager and consultant in to meet us...actually had a car like mine with a tri-pod and a camera in the backseat so when he was showing you how to use the Nav and stuff, you could really watch him do it. First class all the way.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Welcome AZCats. Congrats on the new IS250. I've only seen on 2014 IS on the street, so they are very rare so far.

Post up a picture when you get a chance.

• 2 weeks later...

Drove another 2014 IS350 F-Sport yesterday. My local Lexus dealer had the official launch/small party to introduce the new IS. Another nice event with good snacks and beverages, plenty of hardcopy brochures and magazine review reprints.

• 1 month later...

• 3 weeks later...

In contrast (since I've driven new IS350's a couple of times), I drove a Mercedes CLA250 yesterday. Interesting car (considerably different than the IS being frd and turbo 4), probably going to be successful for Mercedes given the somewhat reasonable pricing.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...