Ignition Lock Or Ignition Key On 2008 Rx400H

Recently I have had a problem with my ignition key not turning far enough to the right to allow the "Ready" light to come on. Does not happen every time. When this does occur it happens when I am using the key that contains a battery and has door lock and panic functions. The key feels like it hits on something solid and just won't go far enough to finish the turn on process. If I play with it, turn it on and off many times it usually will end up working. Has anyone had this problem? If so do you know what the answer is? The dealership had never heard of this happening. I don't know if it is the key or the ignition system that has a problem.

I just want to rule out the possibility that it has something to do with the steering wheel/ignition interlock.

Sometimes the wheel is in a position that the key won't turn unless you rotate the steering wheel slightly one way or the other. You're probably already aware of that...just wanted to make sure that's not the issue.

Yes, that and the shifter must be firmly in P or N to start it. Try wiggling the steering wheel and shifter next time it happens.

Or your key could be worn down enough that it's not quite catching every time. Do you have a second key to try? You can get a replacement key computer-cut using the 5 digit key code.

Would also recommend some Graphite powder lube in the ignition key slot...Sold at hardware or locksmith stores, put a little on the key and insert in and out and turn switch with powder on key, a little can be squirted in lock cylinder also...be careful, the graphite is a fine powder. Do not use WD40 or other lubricants.