Photoshopped Wheel Choices...

Okay, I can stand the stock 03 ES wheels no longer, so I've been photoshopping some possible changes. I want onlt Lexus wheels, I was told by AAARims that the LS wheels would not fit, but someone else assures me they will. The same person at AAA told me that the GS wheels WOULD fit, and that makes no sense to me if the LS ones wont, since they're the same offset (aren't they?).

Here are my choices:

This is one of my top two favorites, these are the LS430 16 inch wheels, but they;re the 2000 platinum edition version so they're machined.

post-7-1049258266.jpg

So what does everyone think? I'm liking the LS wheels the most I think. I dont know why but I really like machined finish wheels, then chrome, then standard painted. If I go the chrome route it would probably be because I could not find the wheels machined. The factor comes down to whether or not the LS wheels will fit. If the GS wheels do, I dont see why the LS wouldn't, and I've seen GS wheels on the 02-03 ES before. Plus the LS wheels are only 1/2 inch wider than the ES wheels, while the GS wheels are a full inch.

Anyone know the offsets of these wheels? I believe the GS and LS is +50, how about the ES?

In this order, mind you, only my opinion. I too am shopping for wheels.

No

Definately No

No Again

Still No

Better

Nope

Have you looked at RAYS Victirx Graicy's, or AT Italia Inox.

www.Lexus-parts.com has an awesome chrome wheel for $550.

Along the lines of what you are displaying.

IS300 wheels look very good, and I have seen a couple of SC430 wheels on the ES.

steviej

I'm not an aftermarket wheel guy, if I do a swap, then I'm going to do it with Lexus wheels. I also don't want to go any wider than the stock 16 inches because I'd like to maintain the best ride I can.

I personally like the 98-00 LS wheels on there, there is more wheel surface on there and I like that. Issue is, you really can't tell on a photoshop (especially with my skills lol), I'd do best probably to swap a wheel from my dad's LS and see what it looks like.

The pickins are pretty slim...

Someone slap me if I sound silly, but I think you may like the Coach/Platinum edition wheels off a '99-'01 ES300. Or will they not fit? Of the wheels posted, I also kinda like the machined finish of the LS400 wheels. It gives the car a somewhat ritzy look without being overly flashy like chrome. My local Lexus dealer sells various styles of aftermarket rims with Lexus emblems in the center. They had a 5-spoke style which looked similar to a Mercedes AMG rim, and it looked very sharp on an ES300. Can't remember the name at all though, and its been awhile since I saw it.

I really like the ES platinum rim. Actually the chrome rim that Stevie posted is the platinum rim in chrome. They do fit, but they're 1/2 inch narrower than the stock 02 ES wheel, I'd like to at least stay the same or go wider. The rear wheels sort of sit inward of the fenders, I'm hoping wider rims will fix that. I've seen the GS3 wheels and they help.

I think my favorite is the 98-00 LS400 wheel in machined. I personally think that chrome looks best with black. The black LS430 for example looks great with the chrome 17 inch wheels. The 00 Platinum LS wheel may look good too, but the photo I shopped of it didnt turn out as well because the wheels are a little too big, I'll work on it.

Now the hurdle is will they fit? Any guesses? I haven't heard back from the guy at Victoria Wheel and Tire that said they would yet, and I know nothing about wheels. What we're looking at is a 16 by 7 wheel with a 50 offset, would that fit?

Here's a better picture of the LS400 Platinum/LS430 machined wheels. I like these too, but the LS400 wheels are in MUCH greater supply. I could get a set of them for probably less than $400...

i'm pretty sure all Lexus wheels fit on all other Lexus'. some may need spacers though.

i like the LS400 wheels as well. the 430 wheels don't look too good, but the GS wheels aren't too bad either. i'd say go for LS400 wheels first, then the GS wheels, then last resort LS430 wheels (which you probably won't have to go to)

good luck, steve.

kevin

The LS400 wheels will be the easiest to find too...

I'll keep you guys posted.

Just for fun here's the care with the wheels Nabeel and Steviej suggested. Issue with them is they're narrower, and very rare machined.

post-7-1049335306.jpg

I like them too, but the issue is they're narrower, I really don't want to go narrower and risk increasing the way the wheels sit inward of the body.

Its very similar to the LS wheels, I think you'll like them when I get em on ;)

Now all I have to do is choose tires....I was going to do the Dunlop SP Sport A2, but heard bad things, same about the Bridgestone LSH...