An Oldie, But Still Put A Smile On My Face When I Read It - Humor

Lesux

LEXUS: Luscious Ecstasy; Xenophobe's Underrated Sedan

Yep, according to CR and a few other reviews, the 2013 ES 350 isn't as nice a ride as the previous generation. My next one will be a 2012.

Hey boy's and girls.....how about a new list of the things the big L really screwed up (in my opinion) on the new 2013 ES350. It rides like a lumber wagon!!

If no one else agrees, I'll keep my mouth shut. But honestly everyday I drive it, I wonder if I made a mistake , and and should gotten another 2010 or 2012.

Paul

Regarding Lexus' screw ups; too many to list. Where should we start? Front grill (snowplow style) - personal taste. 12" display in GS - when OFF is really ugly. Nuluxe!!!!!!!!! Ride not as comfortable in the ES.

One only learns from mistakes. It is never too late to change for a 2012... Or why not get a nice, used LS460? Which might be my next choice, unless the ES gets back what it lost in terms of 'nice ride'.

P.S. The exchange rate between the yen and US$ is hurting the Jap cars makers. They need to stay competitive.

I at first liked the grill, but every auto maker out there is producing the same look....Now lexus is just part of the crowd....Seems the Audi was one of the first, and It definetly looked mean....I say stick with the status look, not the trend that everyone has...

I think the newest GS (grill, big nav screen, sporty ride/handling and all) is a success, and therefore it easily outsells last gen/ prior GS.

Funny you mentionned it, because CR and other reviewers also find the latest incarnation of the GS to be a net improvement over the previous generation.

I am not a fan of the new interiors of MY2013 Lexus. Call me old fashioned.

I at first liked the grill, but every auto maker out there is producing the same look....Now lexus is just part of the crowd....Seems the Audi was one of the first, and It definetly looked mean....I say stick with the status look, not the trend that everyone has...

I find the new grill is very bold and is better suited to an aggresive styling. But for people like me, who prefer quiet and discreet, the new grill is a bit much. Too bad they can't use two different front grills and must follow (like sheeps) what the competition is doing.

Moreover, it really reminds me of a snow plow.

Can you recognize the Lexus front grill? ;)

http://www.google.ca/imgres?um=1&hl=en&sa=N&biw=1600&bih=719&tbm=isch&tbnid=QhtKwJC1WNvBtM:&imgrefurl=http://www.whistlersnowclearing.com/&docid=Ds3qlbvwiczXZM&imgurl=http://www.whistlersnowclearing.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Snow-Plow-01_moo-sb_SnowPlo.jpg&w=1200&h=750&ei=2wFCUePsN5TW2wX7vYHoBA&zoom=1&ved=0CKQBEK0DMAY&iact=hc&vpx=1129&vpy=170&dur=8814&hovh=177&hovw=284&tx=151&ty=110&page=1&tbnh=140&tbnw=231&start=0&ndsp=31

P.S. I think the best thing about the 2013 ES is the ES300h. Now if only they could have an AWD version...

Yeah but I am one of those weirdos who enjoys silver on the outside and evern worse, I like a light color on the inside :wacko:

One way or the other, the front grill is not what will make one buy, or not buy a Lexus. It is just one of the factors that play either for, or against a purchase. Personally, I prefer the exterior and interior appearance of the ES 2012. Who knows, maybe the new look will grow on some of us? As for me, my future will either have a ES 2012 or a used LS if purchased after MY 2012. I would love to have a third Lexus, but I only have a double garage. I always keep my babies inside.

P.S. I checked it out and you are right; the new front grill blends a lot better with dark color. I think black is best. It even makes the grill as an integral part of the car, instead of sticking out for attention.

I think the newest GS (grill, big nav screen, sporty ride/handling and all) is a success, and therefore it easily outsells last gen/ prior GS.

Funny you mentionned it, because CR and other reviewers also find the latest incarnation of the GS to be a net improvement over the previous generation.

I am not a fan of the new interiors of MY2013 Lexus. Call me old fashioned.

I tend to use CR mostly for reliability data/ charts, ignoring their take on styling. Of course styling is highly subjective. But new GS is easily outselling previous gen GS by a huge margin, good job Lexus.