Best Place To Purchase 2006 Gs300 Replacement Headlight Lens?

I searched ebay and a complete set is running $1700!! mine work fine except the lens have grown cloudy. I tried the restoration kit and only had slight improvement. Anyone know of a place that I can get a set of replacement lenses for a 2006 GS300 cheaper? Mine also have the headlight wiper feature.. thanks in advance!

Hello Raf12!. Welcome to the Lexus Owners Club.

Probably your best bet is Sewell Lexus in Dallas, TX. They carry a wide selection of Lexus parts, and give a great discount to members of this club.

Simply go to Sewellparts.com. On the form indicate that you are a member of the Lexus Owners Club.

Let us know how your lens look when your done.

Paul

Is the cloudiness inside the housing or outside? You might need to do the restoration kit again if you don't see any moisture inside the housing.

Agreed, you need to determine where the film is located.

And you can't simply replace the "lenses", you'd have to replace the entire headlight. :(

Thanks everyone, will just take to the body shop, they are going to do some magic with their buffing system!

Chances are that the exterior portion of the lenses have developed the film. From experience I found tried a headlight restoration kit and it worked great. Then in just a short amount of time, the film came back and it was worse than before. Then took it to the dealer where they performed the same treatment but it was far more involved than the diy kit I bought. Haven't had any issues since. You should have the same results.

The best headlight lens restoration kits include a chemical sealer that is applied in the final step. I've refinished the lenses on my nearly 13 year old 00 LS three times with Crystal View kits over the years and each time they have come out looking like new. One of the refinish jobs was done after someone rammed a lens with a shopping cart and scratched it -- as bad as it looked, it came out looking like new after I refinisned it again.