P0171 Problem And "dogbone" Torque Strut Mount

I was looking under the hood at a new problem for a failed emissions inspection on my '99 ES300. With the code P0171 it could be one of the three A/F Relay sensors (oxygen sensors) or the MAF sensor needs to be cleaned or replaced. Before I drop a huge load at a mechanic, how can you find out which part needs to be replaced?

By chance, and unrelated, I just happened to notice that the rubber inside the torque strut mount is totally shot, Is this something I can easily replace? It looks like a couple of screws. I normally don't do much car repair work. I am just trying to do what I can to avoid a big repair bill. thanks for any advice!

for the p0171 do a search and you will see many solutions as for the dog bone, yea easy to do...Find it cheap at Rock Auto.com...or many part houses. Oh and welcome aboard.

here is one posting....

http://us.lexusowner...__+p0171 +fixes

Rock auto has one for around $14 plus shipping, but Ebay, local auto stores, etc will have the dog bone.